2019 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Despite what Booze says Earl wants to come to Dallas and Dallas wants Earl. Its just a question of money. If someone else comes in with more I'm sure Earl will follow the money.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He could be of the mindset to go play for a real contender. KC was after him last year. I could see that. I don't think Dallas is nearly the shoe-in that people say it is.
Sure, although you also point out SF as a possibility due to money/scheme fit, so which is it, contending or money/scheme?

Because Dallas probably provides the happiest confluence of contending/scheme compared to KC and SF.

A narrative could be put together for a few different teams but the fact of the matter is it's widely known that he wants to be in Dallas and that Dallas was very interested in trading for him, which presumably means they were on board with giving him a long-term extension.

KC may be a stronger contender but they have a terrible overall defense lacking in talent, while SF is clearly a middling team with a pretty mediocre defense. Dallas is at least perceived to have a very talented defense, combined with the presence of Richard, while of course making it nearly as far as KC in the playoffs.

Nothing is ever guaranteed and there will be other interested teams but if Dallas is competitive financially, and they almost certainly will be, he's coming to Dallas.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Statistically KC's defense was bad. But they have more talent than people realize. Thomas would be a big boost to that unit. And with Mahomes at QB, ET could be all they need. If I'm Thomas I'm going to KC simply because they're already a top contender.
Id love to see him in Dallas at a decent price but I think he's walking into a better situation in KC.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Statistically KC's defense was bad. But they have more talent than people realize. Thomas would be a big boost to that unit. And with Mahomes at QB, ET could be all they need. If I'm Thomas I'm going to KC simply because they're already a top contender.
Id love to see him in Dallas at a decent price but I think he's walking into a better situation in KC.
Dallas wasn't as far from KC as it may have looked, especially without Hunt and especially to us who notice every flaw.

A guy like Thomas, a TE, and a slot WR who can actually play other positions besides the fricking slot could help put Dallas over the top.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Dallas wasn't as far from KC as it may have looked, especially without Hunt and especially to us who notice every flaw.

A guy like Thomas, a TE, and a slot WR who can actually play other positions besides the fricking slot could help put Dallas over the top.

And a DT.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life

I think we're not far from being on the same level as teams like KC. Glaring difference is QB. Mahomes will probably be the next Brees. He's gonna be shredding defenses for years to come.
​​​​​​We can draft a good TE and add another quality WR and that will definitely help. But I still don't think we'll ever be more than "efficient" with Dak at QB. That's not a bad thing, and you can win championships like that. As long as your defense can keep you in games against high flying offenses.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Fuck him, let him go break some other team's cap.

We can roll with Smoke and Taco.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck him, let him go break some other team's cap.

We can roll with Smoke and Taco.
Uhh, no. When you find a premier elite pass rusher you do not let him walk.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Okay...
​​​​​​We also intend to lock in Dak, Zeke, Byron Jones, and others. I know we're around $80 mil under the cap, but this is some serious money to spread around.
That is why they should prioritize. And that means Lawrence ahead of every damn body else.

Top Bottom