2019 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can’t see any way they’ll let him walk. He’ll probably get the franchise tag.
Everything I have read makes it sound like they will but you never know. The safety franchise tag probably isn't that high.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
CNNSI [h=3]22. DALLAS COWBOYS[/h] 2018 RECORD: 10–6 | PRIMARY NEED: SLOT RECEIVER | CAP SPACE: $46.1 MILLION

Cole Beasley IS a free agent who may have burned his bridges in Dallas by criticizing the front office early this offseason. Tavon Austin is also a free agent and could draw decent interest given the rising popularity of jet sweeps. Finding another Beasley, who had the body control and understanding of defensive leverage to consistently separate underneath, is critical to continue the development of quarterback Dak Prescott.

Best potential free agent signing: Randall Cobb, Packers

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
CNNSI [h=3]22. DALLAS COWBOYS[/h] 2018 RECORD: 10–6 | PRIMARY NEED: SLOT RECEIVER | CAP SPACE: $46.1 MILLION

Cole Beasley IS a free agent who may have burned his bridges in Dallas by criticizing the front office early this offseason. Tavon Austin is also a free agent and could draw decent interest given the rising popularity of jet sweeps. Finding another Beasley, who had the body control and understanding of defensive leverage to consistently separate underneath, is critical to continue the development of quarterback Dak Prescott.

Best potential free agent signing: Randall Cobb, Packers
So, slot receiver is all of a sudden a bigger need than S or DT? GTFOH

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, slot receiver is all of a sudden a bigger need than S or DT? GTFOH
I think it is up there. I don't think the Cowboys view safety nearly as negatively as we do in the fan base.

Marinelli has never valued the position and until he's completely out of the picture, I am not willing to say it is Richard's drum to beat.

Cotton

Staff member
I think it is up there. I don't think the Cowboys view safety nearly as negatively as we do in the fan base.

Marinelli has never valued the position and until he's completely out of the picture, I am not willing to say it is Richard's drum to beat.
Sure, it's up there, but it is not our biggest need by any stretch.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Thomas is going to be here next year one way or the other. The only thing that gave me pause was the possibility of Richard leaving, with him back it's really difficult to see him somewhere else next year.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thomas is going to be here next year one way or the other. The only thing that gave me pause was the possibility of Richard leaving, with him back it's really difficult to see him somewhere else next year.
He could be of the mindset to go play for a real contender. KC was after him last year. I could see that. I don't think Dallas is nearly the shoe-in that people say it is.

Cotton

Staff member
He could be of the mindset to go play for a real contender. KC was after him last year. I could see that. I don't think Dallas is nearly the shoe-in that people say it is.
He has made it quite clear he wants to be in Dallas first and foremost.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure he thinks he can make Dallas a contender too.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Everything I have read makes it sound like they will but you never know. The safety franchise tag probably isn't that high.
It was ~$11.3M last year, so it’ll be well north of that. That’s a hefty price.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Weird that he's moved to Texas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He has made it quite clear he wants to be in Dallas first and foremost.
So what?

Adrian Peterson supposedly wanted to play in Dallas. Didn't happen.

Silva makes a great point here that there is just as much of a reason to sign with the 49ers...especially the money part where they have the latitude to drop more money on him than the Cowboys will be willing to.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Cowboys Break: Earl vs. Tate in Free Agency?[/h]

Top Bottom