Hill: It’s time the Cowboys learn from the Rams’ Super Bowl blueprint

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
But seriously, Beasely played 86% of his snaps from the slot.

No WR worth a shit comes within 25% of that number. It’s stupid one dimensional and the team needs to be more dynamic and less predictable there.

shane

DCC 4Life
If we sign Earl Thomas and a solid DT, I will be happy. Maybe replace Beasley with Funchess too? Might save a little cash.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think Beasley's replacement is already on the team. They really liked Wilson before he hurt his shoulder.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why the rush to dump Beasley ? He is a pretty reliable reciever if and when they try to use him. He has the surest hands of anyone on the team currently.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why the rush to dump Beasley ? He is a pretty reliable reciever if and when they try to use him. He has the surest hands of anyone on the team currently.
Money, that's why. If he was content in his current role and being paid like a 30 year old slot receiver I'd love to have him back. I just think he has higher aspirations which he will never meet. But I'm not surprised he thinks highly of himself nor do I think poorly of him for that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Money, that's why. If he was content in his current role and being paid like a 30 year old slot receiver I'd love to have him back. I just think he has higher aspirations which he will never meet. But I'm not surprised he thinks highly of himself nor do I think poorly of him for that.
He is no different than any other player who wants the ball and money. Even Dak is sounding the trumpet about money and no one seems to mind that. Beasley has contributed to this team and he just doesn’t like to be left out. He’s not unique and personally I think is also justified in his feeling.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is no different than any other player who wants the ball and money. Even Dak is sounding the trumpet about money and no one seems to mind that. Beasley has contributed to this team and he just doesn’t like to be left out. He’s not unique and personally I think is also justified in his feeling.
He has had his best career years with Dak. He is 30 years old. He is what he is. He deserves to be paid like all other 30 year old receivers with similar stats and abilities. Just like Dak does as a QB. If thats how he wants to get paid sign me up. But his indications are totally different. He wants the chance to be a #1 or #2 receiver and be paid like it. It's not happening in Dallas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If we sign Earl Thomas and a solid DT, I will be happy. Maybe replace Beasley with Funchess too? Might save a little cash.
Funchess?

To do what? Bulk up to play TE?

junk

Not So New Member
As I’ve said many times, until his accuracy improves and he develops a feel for the pocket, he’s a likable version of Quincy Carter. I think he’s a great leader, but his pocket awareness is putrid, and he can’t hit the broad side of a barn. I don’t care if anyone agrees with any position I have on any topic, this one included. It’s up to him to improve. If he does, then I’ll stop calling him Quincy. If not, then I won’t.
Well, it is a terrible take and completely off base, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Dak may not be an upper echelon/elite NFL quarterback (even though he may end up being paid like one), but he isn't even in the same conversation as Quincy. I think people forget how bad Quincy was.

Just look at YPA, completion %, TDs versus INTs, overall TDs, total yards.

Dak has played 1 less season than Quincy has and has thrown 2x the touchdown passes and ~4K more yards.

Criticism of Dak is one thing. Comparing him to Quincy is laughable and ridiculous.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak’s development of pocket awareness was stunted by the perfect protection he received his rookie season.

It still can be learned though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, it is a terrible take and completely off base, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Dak may not be an upper echelon/elite NFL quarterback (even though he may end up being paid like one), but he isn't even in the same conversation as Quincy. I think people forget how bad Quincy was.

Dak has played 1 less season than Quincy has and has thrown 2x the touchdown passes and ~4K more yards.

Criticism of Dak is one thing. Comparing him to Quincy is laughable and ridiculous.
Pretty much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well, we have this going for us.

Which is nice.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

My opinion is off base? Did he suddenly develop pocket awareness? Did he suddenly become an accurate passer? If so, when? Because it sure as hell wasn’t during the season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My opinion is off base? Did he suddenly develop pocket awareness? Did he suddenly become an accurate passer? If so, when? Because it sure as hell wasn’t during the season.
Really because he didn't fumble at all in his last 5 games. He only took 2 sacks in 2 playoff games.

And his accuracy isn't nearly as bad as your expert opinion suggests

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Really because he didn't fumble at all in his last 5 games. He only took 2 sacks in 2 playoff games.

Its best to just smile, nod, and walk away. It's just a bad comparison that career numbers show to not be true.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Hooray! kellen Moore is making progress with the Dallas QB. :headbang

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

My opinion of him is no worse nor better than anyone else’s around here. Like I keep saying, until he proves that he can consistently perform at a high level (which I highly doubt), his title stays. He has not shown an ability to perform at a franchise level on a consistent basis. That is my expectation, especially if he’s to be paid as such.

Top Bottom