Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dakís development of pocket awareness was stunted by the perfect protection he received his rookie season.

It still can be learned though.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
      Dakís development of pocket awareness was stunted by the perfect protection he received his rookie season.

It still can be learned though.
      It was a lot better at the very end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
        It was a lot better at the very end of the season.
        this is where the QB coach will earn his pay. Pocket presences/awareness, footwork and accuracy.
        defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by junk View Post

Well, it is a terrible take and completely off base, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Dak may not be an upper echelon/elite NFL quarterback (even though he may end up being paid like one), but he isn't even in the same conversation as Quincy. I think people forget how bad Quincy was.

Just look at YPA, completion %, TDs versus INTs, overall TDs, total yards.

Dak has played 1 less season than Quincy has and has thrown 2x the touchdown passes and ~4K more yards.

Criticism of Dak is one thing. Comparing him to Quincy is laughable and ridiculous.
          Pretty much.
          2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Well, it is a terrible take and completely off base, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Dak may not be an upper echelon/elite NFL quarterback (even though he may end up being paid like one), but he isn't even in the same conversation as Quincy. I think people forget how bad Quincy was.

Dak has played 1 less season than Quincy has and has thrown 2x the touchdown passes and ~4K more yards.

Criticism of Dak is one thing. Comparing him to Quincy is laughable and ridiculous.
            Well, we have this going for us.

Which is nice.

Comment

My opinion is off base? Did he suddenly develop pocket awareness? Did he suddenly become an accurate passer? If so, when? Because it sure as hell wasnít during the season.
              No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan9Misfit View Post

My opinion is off base? Did he suddenly develop pocket awareness? Did he suddenly become an accurate passer? If so, when? Because it sure as hell wasnít during the season.
                Really because he didn't fumble at all in his last 5 games. He only took 2 sacks in 2 playoff games.

And his accuracy isn't nearly as bad as your expert opinion suggests

Comment

Really because he didn't fumble at all in his last 5 games. He only took 2 sacks in 2 playoff games.

Its best to just smile, nod, and walk away. It's just a bad comparison that career numbers show to not be true.
                  #Fire Garrett

Comment

Hooray! kellen Moore is making progress with the Dallas QB.
                    Since Day One

Comment

My opinion of him is no worse nor better than anyone elseís around here. Like I keep saying, until he proves that he can consistently perform at a high level (which I highly doubt), his title stays. He has not shown an ability to perform at a franchise level on a consistent basis. That is my expectation, especially if heís to be paid as such.

Comment

My opinion of him is no worse nor better than anyone elseís around here. Like I keep saying, until he proves that he can consistently perform at a high level (which I highly doubt), his title stays. He has not shown an ability to perform at a franchise level on a consistent basis. That is my expectation, especially if heís to be paid as such.
                        Then you are now willfully saying idiotic shit.
                        2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Eh, he could be Russel Wilson next season and you'd still say the same shit. Things change but the schtick doesn't. You're better than that.

Comment

Wilson didnít become a great passer until maybe late 2014. His late game heroics vs Green Bay in the playoffs were the stuff of legend (at least to Hawks fans) and made everyone forget his four interceptions.

That kind of success makes you better at your craft, and Wilson now carries that team every season with the defense fading.

There is no doubt it is his team, and Iím hoping Dak can follow that same or better path.

Comment

Eh, he could be Russel Wilson next season and you'd still say the same shit. Things change but the schtick doesn't. You're better than that.
                              If he turns into Russell Wilson (which is highly unlikely because Wilson was a much more accomplished passer), then weíd have a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl. If Quincy can do that, heíll be my new avatar.

Comment

Russell Wilson wasn't much more accomplished as passer than Prescott through 3 seasons. His teams had more success of course but that was obviously mostly due to the fact that they had an all-time, legendary type of defense for about a 4-5 year run.

If you look at Wilson and Prescott's stats over their first 3 years they're almost identical, and Wilson actually ran the ball significantly more than Prescott has, almost double in terms of attempts.

Wilson's 4th year is when he truly broke out as a passer, we'll see if Prescott can do the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X