X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simpleton View Post
    Look, at some point you have to grab your nuts, make some sound evaluations in free agency and splash a little cash to improve the team. Literally every top team does it; the Patriots gave Stephon Gilmore a massive contract in free agency, the Eagles Super Bowl team was damn near half built through free agency/trades, and the Rams moves are obviously well documented. I love primarily building through the draft and focusing there but at some point you have to push the envelope a bit in free agency when need/talent align, which this team flatly refuses to do.
    Maybe they are afraid of being exposed as frauds by FAís comparing them to other former teams.

They did upgrade with Cooper, so thatís something.

For me it comes back to the DL. They need a DT, but these guys keep deluding themselves that Crawford and now Woods are the answer.

An FA WR to replace Beasely is a must, as is a real TE.

Comment

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post

Maybe they are afraid of being exposed as frauds by FAís comparing them to other former teams.

They did upgrade with Cooper, so thatís something.

For me it comes back to the DL. They need a DT, but these guys keep deluding themselves that Crawford and now Woods are the answer.

An FA WR to replace Beasely is a must, as is a real TE.
      Why do you feel Beasley needs replacing and why with a WR. Why not just add a WR. Beasley is still a viable slot reciever. He simply hasnt been utilized by either the QB or the playcaller or both for the past several games. You have to look no further than the game saving catch against the giants to see he is very much focused on the game.
      Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post

Why do you feel Beasley needs replacing and why with a WR. Why not just add a WR. Beasley is still a viable slot reciever. He simply hasnt been utilized by either the QB or the playcaller or both for the past several games. You have to look no further than the game saving catch against the giants to see he is very much focused on the game.

Ravi has been eagerly awaiting the day that he is gone. Even more than Booze I would say. I think it's a cost efficient issue and I'm on the fence with that one. I still think he is useful but at what price. If we can draft a guy that would be ideal.
        #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post

Ravi has been eagerly awaiting the day that he is gone. Even more than Booze I would say. I think it's a cost efficient issue and I'm on the fence with that one. I still think he is useful but at what price. If we can draft a guy that would be ideal.
          He's a FA possession slot receiver pushing 30 who likes to blame his lack of stats on ownership via social media.

I'm ready to move on.

Comment

Iím actually OK with Beasely, just not resigning him at age 30.

Comment

But seriously, Beasely played 86% of his snaps from the slot.

No WR worth a shit comes within 25% of that number. Itís stupid one dimensional and the team needs to be more dynamic and less predictable there.

Comment

a heartwarming Dallas reunion for Danny

Comment

If we sign Earl Thomas and a solid DT, I will be happy. Maybe replace Beasley with Funchess too? Might save a little cash.

Comment

I think Beasley's replacement is already on the team. They really liked Wilson before he hurt his shoulder.

Comment

Why the rush to dump Beasley ? He is a pretty reliable reciever if and when they try to use him. He has the surest hands of anyone on the team currently.
                      Since Day One

Comment

Why the rush to dump Beasley ? He is a pretty reliable reciever if and when they try to use him. He has the surest hands of anyone on the team currently.
                        Money, that's why. If he was content in his current role and being paid like a 30 year old slot receiver I'd love to have him back. I just think he has higher aspirations which he will never meet. But I'm not surprised he thinks highly of himself nor do I think poorly of him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

Money, that's why. If he was content in his current role and being paid like a 30 year old slot receiver I'd love to have him back. I just think he has higher aspirations which he will never meet. But I'm not surprised he thinks highly of himself nor do I think poorly of him for that.
                          He is no different than any other player who wants the ball and money. Even Dak is sounding the trumpet about money and no one seems to mind that. Beasley has contributed to this team and he just doesnít like to be left out. Heís not unique and personally I think is also justified in his feeling.
                          Since Day One

Comment

He is no different than any other player who wants the ball and money. Even Dak is sounding the trumpet about money and no one seems to mind that. Beasley has contributed to this team and he just doesnít like to be left out. Heís not unique and personally I think is also justified in his feeling.
                            He has had his best career years with Dak. He is 30 years old. He is what he is. He deserves to be paid like all other 30 year old receivers with similar stats and abilities. Just like Dak does as a QB. If thats how he wants to get paid sign me up. But his indications are totally different. He wants the chance to be a #1 or #2 receiver and be paid like it. It's not happening in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
                              If we sign Earl Thomas and a solid DT, I will be happy. Maybe replace Beasley with Funchess too? Might save a little cash.
                              Funchess?

To do what? Bulk up to play TE?

Comment

Originally posted by Plan9Misfit View Post

As Iíve said many times, until his accuracy improves and he develops a feel for the pocket, heís a likable version of Quincy Carter. I think heís a great leader, but his pocket awareness is putrid, and he canít hit the broad side of a barn. I donít care if anyone agrees with any position I have on any topic, this one included. Itís up to him to improve. If he does, then Iíll stop calling him Quincy. If not, then I wonít.
                                Well, it is a terrible take and completely off base, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong.

Dak may not be an upper echelon/elite NFL quarterback (even though he may end up being paid like one), but he isn't even in the same conversation as Quincy. I think people forget how bad Quincy was.

Just look at YPA, completion %, TDs versus INTs, overall TDs, total yards.

Dak has played 1 less season than Quincy has and has thrown 2x the touchdown passes and ~4K more yards.

Criticism of Dak is one thing. Comparing him to Quincy is laughable and ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X