2018 Season, Gameday Chatter | Super Bowl LIII | Patriots vs Rams | 02-03-2019

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He and Summerall were the best. Madden would blabber on and on about nothing while drawing a bunch of pictures on the telestrator while a drunken Summerall slowly slurred his way through commentary about Jay Novacek catching every pass on 3rd and long and converting it for a 1st down. It was magical.
My favorite old, drunken summerall moment was a cowboys preseason game, I think it was against the rams somewhere in the 90s.

I don't think I remember it verbatim bit the gist of it was the Rams (or whoever) were winning by a weird score, 5-0. The game is about to go to a commercial break.

Summerall: The Rams lead the cowboys 3-0. The scoreboard says 5, but that's not correct...

(brief pause while someone apparently says something in Summerall's ear)

Summerall: How'd they get 5?

(Fade to commercial)

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He and Summerall were the best. Madden would blabber on and on about nothing while drawing a bunch of pictures on the telestrator while a drunken Summerall slowly slurred his way through commentary about Jay Novacek catching every pass on 3rd and long and converting it for a 1st down. It was magical.
Now we have Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Romo is finally bringing back some fun to the booth. He is fantastic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My favorite old, drunken summerall moment was a cowboys preseason game, I think it was against the rams somewhere in the 90s.

I don't think I remember it verbatim bit the gist of it was the Rams (or whoever) were winning by a weird score, 5-0. The game is about to go to a commercial break.

Summerall: The Rams lead the cowboys 3-0. The scoreboard says 5, but that's not correct...

(Fade to commercial)
:lol

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Madden was great but sometimes his rambling was almost undecipherable because he could get a little too into hat was going on. Romo is the best thing out there right now and he'll probably get better with time. It beats the hell out of listening to Aikman and Buck. One lulls you to sleep with his drawl and the other one you want to smack through the screen.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

(Fade to commercial)
:lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

(Fade to commercial)
HAMMERED

in more more ways than one...

Top Bottom