2018 Season, Gameday Chatter | Super Bowl LIII | Patriots vs Rams | 02-03-2019

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why did Seattle have to not hand it to Beast Mode on the goal line? Why did the Falcons have to epically choke?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dak>Goff

data

Forbes #1
This is clearly the worst SB ever.
I think Giants vs Ravens might’ve been worse, though. At least today had the potential of having offense.

Ravens won after the first TD scored.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The NFL has a real problem. This was like the least interesting Super Bowl in forever. No one wants to see Brady win anymore.

I doubt people will even continue to tune in to root against him. It’s just boring. I didn’t watch a single minute of this game.

If the league can’t drum up some real competition to a disgustingly average Patriots team, then it has problems.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Imagine how bad Dak would have been against Belichick.
He probably would’ve played poorly. The only question is whether he would’ve been as flustered as Goff was. The game was clearly too big for him.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Belichick will put EVERYONE in the box to stop Elliott and make the leader of men beat his team. Unlikely.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Not the score I expected but the outcome, yeah. I watched my first SB in 1971 and this game was easily the most boring of all time, so boring that I fell asleep in my chair. Woke up maybe 15, 20 minutes ago, yawned, thought "Oh shit the game is over" checked the score, nodded my head and said yep, the nap was worth it.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Imagine how bad Dak would have been against Belichick.
Dak would have been better than Goff. I actually think we are a better matchup against the Pats than the Rams are.

I don't think our defense would have been nearly as good as the Rams though.

We would have lost because Bellichek is the best there is, the best there ever was. It's depressing. He pwned McVay who we all drool over.

I also think Goff got exposed. The guy thrives with a stellar supporting cast. I really don't feel bad about our QB watching this snooze fest.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Belichick will put EVERYONE in the box to stop Elliott and make the leader of men beat his team. Unlikely.
This was the key to neutralizing the running game of the Rams. Dallas tried to stop them with 4 down lineman and got killed by their running game. It wasn’t a genius move rather a common sense adjustment. Dallas either didn’t have the horses to line up a matched scheme or the obvious escaped the coaches again.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This was the key to neutralizing the running game of the Rams. Dallas tried to stop them with 4 down lineman and got killed by their running game. It wasn’t a genius move rather a common sense adjustment. Dallas either didn’t have the horses to line up a matched scheme or the obvious escaped the coaches again.
You should know the answer to that by now.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I think they just misjudged the Rams offense. They thought they were a passing offense and came out and played nickel the whole game and got run over. Bellichek smartly realized they are a running and play action team so loaded up on the run and trusted his corners. Also the effort he got out of his d-line was incredible. Those guys looked they were all hopped up on amphetamines. Our D-line seemed to put in a weak effort by contrast. However, it was probably what one analyst said and we were running stunts against a zone team and got gouged.

All in all, it was a loss you can hang squarely on Marinelli and Richard.

Top Bottom