Cowboys unlikely to extend Garrett

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
On the other hand? Maybe you meant to reply to somebody else. I didn't say anything about whether or not Moore will succeed. My post was only about why an established coach wasn't hired while Garrett has only 1 year remaining on his contract.
The way I read your post was that by calling Garrett a lame duck coach you thought he was on his way out. I was commenting on what Garrett’s future might be if Moore was successful. I didn’t indicate whether you were commenting on Moore’s potential.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I imagine we'll go 11-5 and lose the NFC championship next season.

5 year extension.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'd replace JIm Harbaugh with LIncoln Riley. I don't think Harbaugh will want to come here. But Riley might be ready to step up to the NFL, and if Jerry does actually fire Garrett, that would be a splash name for him. The other three, I could absolutely see there being interest.
I should’ve added Riley to the list. And I don’t see any reason why Harbaugh would want to come here, either. I added him because he’s a big enough name to keep people interested. We all know that Jerry doesn’t care about winning so long as the team remains relevant and makes money. Harbaugh keeps us relevant. Terrible fit, but he checks the “relevant” box.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The way I read your post was that by calling Garrett a lame duck coach you thought he was on his way out. I was commenting on what Garrett’s future might be if Moore was successful. I didn’t indicate whether you were commenting on Moore’s potential.
I didn't say anything about whether Garrett is going to be fired or not. I only commented on why an established coordinator would not be interested in being hired in a spot where there is a lame duck coach. And the term lame duck does not mean he's not going to be retained. Only that he is in the last year of his contract.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I didn't say anything about whether Garrett is going to be fired or not. I only commented on why an established coordinator would not be interested in being hired in a spot where there is a lame duck coach. And the term lame duck does not mean he's not going to be retained. Only that he is in the last year of his contract.
Lame ducks can also mean someone going out but whatever. I was simply making a comment.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Garrett is fired after next season I'm about 95% certain our next HC will be either Payton, Riley or Richard.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If Garrett is fired after next season I'm about 95% certain our next HC will be either Payton, Riley or Richard.
Like Jason back in the day, they're grooming Moore to be HC. Deal with it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Teams have to deal with injuries. You should at least be competitive
Not when your coaching style is so weak that you have to out-talent your opponent.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Not when your coaching style is so weak that you have to out-talent your opponent.
Exactly. There are no scheme changes with him. No adjustments. No game planning for strengths and weaknesses. Same crap, week in and week out.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well I naturally think he should have been gone years ago. Still doesnt change my statement. Teams have to find a way to win even in adverse conditions.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Well I naturally think he should have been gone years ago. Still doesnt change my statement. Teams have to find a way to win even in adverse conditions.
Not with this team. That’s typically not a requirement. Just being relevant is what matters.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not with this team. That’s typically not a requirement. Just being relevant is what matters.
I was talking in general teams. Im fully aware of this teams dysfunction but we all should hope for the best.

Top Bottom