Cowboys unlikely to extend Garrett

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
[h=1]Cowboys unlikely to extend coach Jason Garrett's contract[/h] Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas - According to sources, Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones is not expected to extend the contract of Jason Garrett, short or long term, as the head coach enters the final year of his contract.

While Jones can always change his mind, Garrett will be coaching for his future in 2019.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25894361/cowboys-unlikely-extend-coach-jason-garrett-contract

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[h=1]Cowboys unlikely to extend coach Jason Garrett's contract[/h] Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas - According to sources, Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones is not expected to extend the contract of Jason Garrett, short or long term, as the head coach enters the final year of his contract.

While Jones can always change his mind, Garrett will be coaching for his future in 2019.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25894361/cowboys-unlikely-extend-coach-jason-garrett-contract
:towel:towel:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

One step closer to this part being over.

Not on shaky ground my ass....

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Now we will all cry the following year when Moore is promoted to HC.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Can we all be happy now? You too Schmidtty.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Oh you motherfucker. You couldn't give me just one god damn day to be happy, could you?
In what twisted universe is Garrett fired and Moore not only kept but promoted?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So this brings up an interesting possibility. Lets say the team takes off next year offensively. We have a really good season and it's in large part due to this prodigy we have at OC. If you haven't laughed and stopped reading at this point, what happens? Do you keep Garrett around knowing that Moore is likely the architect and will start getting head coaching offers? It would almost be a Redskins like situation with McVay. Would you credit that success to Garrett and extend him?

It would be a wonderful situation to have because it means we actually have a good season next year. Which I'm sure most of us are doubting. But not extending Garrett now really only works out if this team doesn't do well on offense next year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
One step closer to this part being over.

Not on shaky ground my ass....
Yeah I mean Jerry has to publicly back his head coach but if they don't extend him that tells you all you need to know about shaky ground.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So this brings up an interesting possibility. Lets say the team takes off next year offensively. We have a really good season and it's in large part due to this prodigy we have at OC. If you haven't laughed and stopped reading at this point, what happens? Do you keep Garrett around knowing that Moore is likely the architect and will start getting head coaching offers? It would almost be a Redskins like situation with McVay. Would you credit that success to Garrett and extend him?

It would be a wonderful situation to have because it means we actually have a good season next year. Which I'm sure most of us are doubting. But not extending Garrett now really only works out if this team doesn't do well on offense next year.
If Moore is better than advertised, I still think he would NOT be a candidate for HC openings. As for Garrett, I think it depends upon the final outcome of a REQUIRED postseason minimum. I think a title game is the bar, but I cant say if we must win for Garrett to survive.

Top Bottom