Kellen Moore promoted to OC

data

Forbes #1
It appears Moore has the nod from the team and many others. I will take their word for it until he shows he can’t handle it.
...is this the same ‘team and many others’ that benched Romo in favor of Dak and then with signs pointing to long-term investment in Dak cuz he’s gotten the nod as a franchise QB?

If so, fool me once...fool me twice...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why does everyone get all worked up when I say I am not going to pre judge how the hiring of Moore for the OC will turn out? I don’t know nor does anyone else at this juncture. You are entitled to your opinions but don’t take it that my reluctance to be prejudicial about his his abilities or lack thereof is an endorsement and that I am recommending him. The simple fact is he is hired and now it’s a matter of seeing how it turns out. The difference between some of you and me is that I admit I don’t know whether he will be a good hire but some of you are already convinced he won’t be and anyone who doesn’t feel the same way must be a supporter of the move.
Nothing I can do about that but there is no reason at all to pit your frustrations at anyone who remaineds neutral at this time. Pit your anger at the organization if you think it’s a dumb hiring.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
...is this the same ‘team and many others’ that benched Romo in favor of Dak and then with signs pointing to long-term investment in Dak cuz he’s gotten the nod as a franchise QB?

If so, fool me once...fool me twice...
I disagreed with the decision to bench Romo and was adamant about it. I knew Rom’o’s capabilities because he was a proven commodity. The difference in this situation is Moore is not a proven commodity as an OC so I will wait to see how it turns out. That seems to be to me a reasonable approach for starters.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Out of curiosity, how much time is sufficient to tell? For Garrett, has it been “told’ after eight years?
What you are saying is a little skewed. The fact that Garrett is still around is a testament of bad decision making to keep him this long in my opinion. The determination however that he is a below average coach has been obvious to some of us for some time now. At least we have voiced that position. We will know about Moore to some degree I think within the first year of his tenure because he will be working with the same personnel. That however isn’t an answer to how long he will keep the job. Hiring and firing with the Dallas organition is puzzling to say the least.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:rolleyes

Obviously you haven' been paying attention. The Dallas Cowboys are one of the laziest organizations in all of pro sports when it comes to coaching hires. Very little due diligence is put into their coaching hires.

They primarily rely on personal relationships for their coach hires. Experience and resume be damned.

In most cases they're too lazy and incompetent to conduct legitimate research and analysis when it comes to coaching hires. That's why even when Garrett is finally run out of town, I fully expect them to bring in someone else who has previous ties to Jerry Jones or the Cowboys organization.
I don’t necessarily think that is completely accurate at all. After Switzer there was some internal hiring such as Campo but there was also arms length selections such as Parcella and Gailey. Wade Phillips was also unaffiliated with the Cowboys organization. The assistants are products of affiliates through out the NFL. Dallas is not unique in their hiring practices.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:rolleyes

Obviously you haven' been paying attention. The Dallas Cowboys are one of the laziest organizations in all of pro sports when it comes to coaching hires. Very little due diligence is put into their coaching hires.

They primarily rely on personal relationships for their coach hires. Experience and resume be damned.

In most cases they're too lazy and incompetent to conduct legitimate research and analysis when it comes to coaching hires. That's why even when Garrett is finally run out of town, I fully expect them to bring in someone else who has previous ties to Jerry Jones or the Cowboys organization.
Remember when we were all pissed that Moore was handed the QB coaching job? That was just one year ago. Yeah...

p1_

DCC 4Life

Some of yall smart MFer's might be onto something.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[video]https://www.ktvb.com/video/sports/ncaa/ncaaf/boise-state-football/cowboys-promote-former-boise-state-qb-kellen-moore-to-offensive-coordinator/277-02079703-f280-4f7e-b1aa-e2ad844405f8?jwsource=cl[/video]

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Where you been?

Top Bottom