Kellen Moore promoted to OC

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It appears Moore has the nod from the team and many others. I will take their word for it until he shows he can’t handle it.
What "many others"?

For all we know it is a propaganda effort by his friends and admirers. So what if people think he is "brilliant"?

It does not mean anyone was willing to give him a shot other than Dallas and our effed up backwards culture.

Not a single team reached out to Dallas to go grab this up and comer for their OC vacancy.

So really, the only words you are taking are people like Linehan and admirers with no skin in the game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It appears Moore has the nod from the team and many others. I will take their word for it until he shows he can’t handle it.
thats pretty generous.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Let’s face it neither one of us knows for sure. The difference is I am willing to see if he works out and you aren’t.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
thats pretty generous.
It’s not generous. It’s all that’s available to us find out. For good or bad the hiring powers are satisfied and obviously the have done a certain amount of diligence so all that’s left is to see if he works out. Are you ready to pronounce him a failure before the season even starts?

p1_

DCC 4Life
It’s not generous. It’s all that’s available to us find out. For good or bad the hiring powers are satisfied and obviously the have done a certain amount of diligence so all that’s left is to see if he works out. Are you ready to pronounce him a failure before the season even starts?
I have a healthy skepticism, based on the clear lack of experience and pedigree. There's equal chance at failure as there is for success, if not moreso.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have a healthy skepticism, based on the clear lack of experience and pedigree. There's equal chance at failure as there is for success, if not moreso.
You are absolutely correct. Only time will tell.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Or Kellen Moore is a damn genius and we get to the Super Bowl next year.

Garrett gets the 10 year extension and Kellen Moore leaves to coach the Redskins to multiple Super Bowls.

Yes, I said multiple.
That's not really Jerry's style. He'd probably pay Moore through the roof to keep him and anoint him as HC in waiting, Garrett is totally undermined and eventually loses the team ala Wade. I can see it all playout...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think it's anywhere close to equal. There's way more chance he fails.

This is garrett's attempt at being Andy Reid. He's basically OC, but gives the title to a young protege who is more of a second in command type. Problem is, he's not Andy Reid, he's Jason Garrett .

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I don't think it's anywhere close to equal. There's way more chance he fails.

This is garrett's attempt at being Andy Reid. He's basically OC, but gives the title to a young protege who is more of a second in command type. Problem is, he's not Andy Reid, he's Jason Garrett .
That is not correct. Garrett has one year left. No way you can hire a top tier OC when he has one year essentially and then will likely be dusted if the team doesn't win big. So you are forced to promote internally because nobody else is going to hire Moore to do anything.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That is not correct. Garrett has one year left. No way you can hire a top tier OC when he has one year essentially and then will likely be dusted if the team doesn't win big. So you are forced to promote internally because nobody else is going to hire Moore to do anything.
If that's all it was, they could have promoted Nussmeier who at least has experience.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:rolleyes

Obviously you haven' been paying attention. The Dallas Cowboys are one of the laziest organizations in all of pro sports when it comes to coaching hires. Very little due diligence is put into their coaching hires.

They primarily rely on personal relationships for their coach hires. Experience and resume be damned.

In most cases they're too lazy and incompetent to conduct legitimate research and analysis when it comes to coaching hires. That's why even when Garrett is finally run out of town, I fully expect them to bring in someone else who has previous ties to Jerry Jones or the Cowboys organization.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I like how a lot of idiots in our fan base are attempting to draw comparisons between Sean McVay and Kellen Moore primarily because they're close in age.

They're about as simple-minded as that whiskey guzzling owner of the team.

Sean McVay actually EARNED his promotions by PROVING himself over a 10 year period.

Kellen Moore on the other hand only has one year experience and even that one year was purely the result of nepotism.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:rolleyes

Obviously you haven' been paying attention. The Dallas Cowboys are one of the laziest organizations in all of pro sports when it comes to coaching hires. Very little due diligence is put into their coaching hires.

They primarily rely on personal relationships for their coach hires. Experience and resume be damned.

In most cases they're too lazy and incompetent to conduct legitimate research and analysis when it comes to coaching hires. That's why even when Garrett is finally run out of town, I fully expect them to bring in someone else who has previous ties to Jerry Jones or the Cowboys organization.
:lol

Top Bottom