Beasley States His Case on Twitter

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He's backpedaling now.
That sounds fair. He isn't making huge money and he wasn't a high draft pick which means he has probably had to work twice as hard to get the opportunities that he has in his career. I also don't expect for him to look at himself and see a 5'9" player with limited abilities. I'm sure in his mind he can do it all. I'd like to have Beasley back. I think Dak really works extremely well with him. The two have excellent chemistry. It's just going to come down to the price tag.

p1_

DCC 4Life
That sounds fair. He isn't making huge money and he wasn't a high draft pick which means he has probably had to work twice as hard to get the opportunities that he has in his career. I also don't expect for him to look at himself and see a 5'9" player with limited abilities. I'm sure in his mind he can do it all. I'd like to have Beasley back. I think Dak really works extremely well with him. The two have excellent chemistry. It's just going to come down to the price tag.
I think he'll work it out. I really think he wants to be here, especially with Linehan gone.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Good to see Beasley call Jerry out like this. Most Cowboys fans who pay attention already knew this. But to hang him out there on social media like that is a refreshing slap in the face.
I kind of wonder if he actually meant Linehan as FO. Would be super stupid of him to call out Jones. Especially if he wants to stay with the team. However, Beasley is a guy who runs his mouth on occasion.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he'll work it out. I really think he wants to be here, especially with Linehan gone.
I know if I am Goof Son, he is way down on the priority list.

And he ran through his list on Sirius today.

Lawrence, Prescott, Byron Jones, even Elliott.

No mention of Shrimp Beasley.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let Shrimp walk and draft Hunter Renfroe.
I've been watching the Senior Bowl stuff and I really like Renfroe. Interestingly enough I came into it thinking Andy Isabella would be the slot receiver I'd fall in love with but Renfroe looks more polished to me. I'm sure Isabella could make a great slot receiver in the NFL but right now I think he wastes too much motion. He is juking so much during his routes that it seems to really slow him down. Renfroe on the other hand makes his cuts so quickly that when he breaks he gets the separation almost every time right away. Between the two I think Renfroe is the guy I'd rather have. Isabella could get there but I think he needs a good receiver coach to polish him to eliminate those wasted movements.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I've been watching the Senior Bowl stuff and I really like Renfroe. Interestingly enough I came into it thinking Andy Isabella would be the slot receiver I'd fall in love with but Renfroe looks more polished to me. I'm sure Isabella could make a great slot receiver in the NFL but right now I think he wastes too much motion. He is juking so much during his routes that it seems to really slow him down. Renfroe on the other hand makes his cuts so quickly that when he breaks he gets the separation almost every time right away. Between the two I think Renfroe is the guy I'd rather have. Isabella could get there but I think he needs a good receiver coach to polish him to eliminate those wasted movements.
Supposedly we have one of those...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supposedly we have one of those...
I think we do. I'm assuming Renfroe will be available later in the draft then Isabella. Frankly I'd be happy with either. Give me the guy who will go lower in the draft.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I think we do. I'm assuming Renfroe will be available later in the draft then Isabella. Frankly I'd be happy with either. Give me the guy who will go lower in the draft.
This kid might replace Beasley and Austin.

Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State: There was a lot of buzz about UMass' Andy Isabella coming into the week, but I think Hart, Isabella's North squad teammate, has outplayed him through the first two days of practice. Hart's been really explosive at the top of his route. He's very undersized (5-foot-8, 180 pounds), but he's going to have a role at the next level as a fly-sweep guy who can produce out of the slot. He's been tough to cover this week. Shawn Elliott, his head coach at Georgia State, told me Hart's the most competitive player he's ever coached, which speaks well for him. -- Daniel Jeremiah

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This kid might replace Beasley and Austin.

Penny Hart, WR, Georgia State: There was a lot of buzz about UMass' Andy Isabella coming into the week, but I think Hart, Isabella's North squad teammate, has outplayed him through the first two days of practice. Hart's been really explosive at the top of his route. He's very undersized (5-foot-8, 180 pounds), but he's going to have a role at the next level as a fly-sweep guy who can produce out of the slot. He's been tough to cover this week. Shawn Elliott, his head coach at Georgia State, told me Hart's the most competitive player he's ever coached, which speaks well for him. -- Daniel Jeremiah
He has looked really good from what I have seen as well.

There are other WR's who have looked good as well at the Senior Bowl but guys like Deebo Samuel for example will probably go higher than I'd prefer to draft a WR.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Cripes Isabella is an athlete. If we could get him in the 4th, I would be ecstatic. Kid is a baller.

Top Bottom