Beasley States His Case on Twitter

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

So I wonder if this means he will take less than the "top slot WR" pay he has talked about at times.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So I wonder if this means he will take less than the "top slot WR" pay he has talked about at times.
He gets plenty of balls. Beasley is good in his role but he thinks he should see the targets of a top WR in the NFL which is ludicrous. I don't want him to see 100 balls in Dallas and he won't see them anywhere else.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He gets plenty of balls. Beasley is good in his role but he thinks he should see the targets of a top WR in the NFL which is ludacris. I don't want him to see 100 balls in Dallas and he won't see them anywhere else.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think he’s busting on Linehan. I’ll say this, I think Bease was underutilized.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think he’s busting on Linehan. I’ll say this, I think Bease was underutilized.
He said front office.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He got 87 targets this year. He got 98 2 years ago. How many balls do you think should be going to your slot receiver with no deep speed and no real game breaking ability? Just curious but in our run first offense that seems like a good amount of targets. I mean he shouldn't get Amari Cooper levels.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He is basically saying the FO (the Joneses) dictate who gets used how.

This is kind of interesting.
I could see that being the case. It's usually a method implored by somewhat dysfunctional organizations to prevent having to pay out playing incentives and/or as an attempt to lower the market price for players.

Rev

Staff member

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Good to see Beasley call Jerry out like this. Most Cowboys fans who pay attention already knew this. But to hang him out there on social media like that is a refreshing slap in the face.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
He said front office.
Yeah, I'm glad Linehan is gone but he was clearly the scapegoat. This just makes it more obvious then ever, even though many fans have suspected something similar for years.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I could see that being the case. It's usually a method implored by somewhat dysfunctional organizations to prevent having to pay out playing incentives and/or as an attempt to lower the market price for players.

If that's the deal, why wasn't Cooper getting 10-12 targets a game?

This just kind of feels like sour grapes from Beasley, who gives off a little bit of a head case vibe to me anyway.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If that's the deal, why wasn't Cooper getting 10-12 targets a game?

This just kind of feels like sour grapes from Beasley, who gives off a little bit of a head case vibe to me anyway.
There’s nothing suggesting a head case in Beasley’s comments. At worst he is guilty of being discontent with the structure of the offensive play calling and venting about the lack of attempts coming his way this season. Any decent reciever would feel the same way.

Rev

Staff member

He's backpedaling now.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
There’s nothing suggesting a head case in Beasley’s comments. At worst he is guilty of being discontent with the structure of the offensive play calling and venting about the lack of attempts coming his way this season. Any decent reciever would feel the same way.
Didn't he almost retire a few years ago over "personal issues" ? I'm not saying the guy is completely mentally ill, but something seems off with him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Didn't he almost retire a few years ago over "personal issues" ? I'm not saying the guy is completely mentally ill, but something seems off with him.
There was some kind of family problems during his rookie season that took him away from training and he was going to forego his football career but someone convinced him to come back to the team. I don’t know what the problems were but it apparently was something pretty serious.

Top Bottom