10 Names To Watch In Cowboys’ Search For OC

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
After reading that novella, it makes you wonder why guys ever leave broadcasting to coach, huh?

p1_

DCC 4Life
yeah, hes about to cash in. Gonna be a very rich boy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Romo hinted that he might get into coaching down the line once his kids are grown, and given his competitive nature I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to make the jump in about 10 or so years, around the time his kids are nearing college age.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As do I. I really prefer him right where he is as TE coach.
Yep I think he is doing a very good job there. I don't think he has the creativity to be a play caller or offensive coordinator. He has never done anything in his career to justify this type of move.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo hinted that he might get into coaching down the line once his kids are grown, and given his competitive nature I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to make the jump in about 10 or so years, around the time his kids are nearing college age.
I think Romo will eventually get the itch. His competitive nature will get the best of him and being an unbiased announcer will become mundane. But that won't happen over night. It's not all just about money and amount of work involved though. Like it has been pointed out others have left the booth to coach for a reason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What the fuck sense does that make? The offense failed last year with those same wonderful candidates in house? So why didn't they fix it this past season? Either your head coach was too dumb to give them the authority to fix it or they aren't the answer. Either way you're telling me that the head coach needs to go since he had the coaches already in place to fix the offense and neglected to do so. Which I seriously doubt. But considering Garrett didn't see any need to replace Linehan after the season was done clearly he couldn't see the problem that was right in front of his eyes either.

p1_

DCC 4Life
All you can hope for now is for Garrett to NOT be extended. If Jerry is gonna hire from within, and you’re sure that’s a fools plan, you want it to be for one year only . Then let Garrett go and start over if it fails .

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All you can hope for now is for Garrett to NOT be extended. If Jerry is gonna hire from within, and you’re sure that’s a fools plan, you want it to be for one year only . Then let Garrett go and start over if it fails .
That is the only thing that keeps me going.

Garrett gets extended this offseason?

It is DEFCON5. I am permabanning Schmitty immediately.

:permaban

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Sanjay Lal – Despite having just one year on the staff, Lal is very well-respected among his peers and his bosses. If you remember, Jerry Jones was ecstatic about the opportunity to hire Lal just last offseason.
When has Jerry NOT been estatic about a new hire/player/season/etc?

Hell he was estatic grinning ear to ear when he drafted Kavika Pittman & Shante Carver.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When has Jerry NOT been estatic about a new hire/player/season/etc?

Hell he was estatic grinning ear to ear when he drafted Kavika Pittman & Shante Carver.
I thought Lal did really good with the receivers. Gallup developed very nicely and the drops by our receivers seemed way down this year. Cooper was known for his drops with the Raiders but I didn't see it as a problem once he was in Dallas.

But that doesn't mean he would make for a good OC.

Top Bottom