Conference Round Chatter Thread | Rams @ Saints & Patriots @ Chiefs | 01/20/19

data

Forbes #1
Well, gotta be a sideline quick throw or just heave it incomplete. 3rd down

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't know, Zeke is a good receiving back but it's more as an outlet and less as a route runner. Besides, Zeke is your power runner. But ultimately we just need a second RB who is good at something.
I thought the same thing about Zeke coming into this season but he made a few really nice catches that were 25+ yards down field this season. He was close to having one last week as well but he came down out of bounds. But it was still a nice catch considering he's a RB.

data

Forbes #1
Formation has WR tight?????

Who's running the sideline route?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Initially it looked like he pushed it right.

data

Forbes #1
I wonder what our uniform patch will look like when Jerruh dies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finding a complimentary RB to Zeke should be on our list of priorities. Not high on the list, but on the list. Unless one was clearly the BPA in the mid to late rounds of the draft, I wouldn't draft one. I'd seek at the top available UDFAs. Seems to always be a few hidden RB gems in that bunch.
So in terms of offensive needs how would you rank them?

Mine might actually be

1. TE
2. RB
3. WR
4. OL

Of course I'd have no problem if we drafted any of those positions if they were best available. I mean I could see drafting a guard even (Move Conner William's to OT). Plus we should be able to find a good RB in free agency. Or one late in the draft like you mentioned.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The spotty Saints play calling after the 2 minute warning left the Rams too much time and a timeout. I'm surprised Payton gagged like that.

1bigfan13

Staff member
So in terms of offensive needs how would you rank them?

Mine might actually be

1. TE
2. RB
3. WR
4. OL

Of course I'd have no problem if we drafted any of those positions if they were best available. I mean I could see drafting a guard even (Move Conner William's to OT). Plus we should be able to find a good RB in free agency. Or one late in the draft like you mentioned.
My list would be

1. DT
2. TE
3. WR
4. RB
5. Safety

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought the same thing about Zeke coming into this season but he made a few really nice catches that were 25+ yards down field this season. He was close to having one last week as well but he came down out of bounds. But it was still a nice catch considering he's a RB.
Yeah I mean he has good hands. But when he runs those quick in and out routes against man coverage LBers seem to be all over him. Like the route that Kamara has ran repeatedly in this game and beat the LBer. Those aren't really a strength of Zekes.

data

Forbes #1
An all-timer revered like Payton with an unforgivable blunder. Fundamental mistake. Garrett just moved into my Top 7 active coaches.

mschmidt64

The spotty Saints play calling after the 2 minute warning left the Rams too much time and a timeout. I'm surprised Payton gagged like that.
I was thinking the same thing. I thought they should have ran and made the Rams use their timeouts. I figured because they feel more comfortable with the passing game there they felt better going that route.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Eh, trusted Brees to make a high percentage pass that was inexplicably low. Misdirection run that the Rams played well. And an egregious missed PI.

I’ve seen worse.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Um you view DT and safety as an offensive need?

But yeah WR might be second on mine as well if Beasley is gone. Which I sort of expect to happen.
I skimmed over the "offensive" part.

Those are just my overall team needs list.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Zeke is perfectly fine as a receiver. We need a change of pace type back. Either a burner or (my preference) a bruiser.

Top Bottom