Conference Round Chatter Thread | Rams @ Saints & Patriots @ Chiefs | 01/20/19

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why do you want the Saints to win? Looks better for us if the Rams go to the SB. Plus, a Rams/Chiefs SB would be much more fun to watch, IMO.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Why do you want the Saints to win? Looks better for us if the Rams go to the SB. Plus, a Rams/Chiefs SB would be much more fun to watch, IMO.
I like the Saints. I dont care about how it looks. We are a joke anyways. Might as well pull for Brees to get another shot at a ring.

data

Forbes #1
Just got in front of the TV. have the Rams been running that pre-snap jet sweep motion as they did against the Cowboys?

I see that CJ Anderson has zero rushes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Aside from the TD pass that Brees just thrrew the Saints red zone play calling and execution has been bad. We'd be losing our minds if that were Dak and the Cowboys.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like the Saints. I dont care about how it looks. We are a joke anyways. Might as well pull for Brees to get another shot at a ring.
Damn straight.

Fuck the Rams.

And the last thing I want is Jerry Jones thinking of validation for losing to them last week just because they make the Super Bowl.

data

Forbes #1
Iamtdg or anyone that works on cars, for that matter.

I just replaced my car battery. This new car battery has a physically smaller footprint and there's about 3/4" inch gap inside the housing, Battery won't tip over, but I'm worried about the battery vibrating and teetering like an uneven stool or sliding around.

Okay to leave it like this? Or what can I use to shim (non-flammable) in between?

data

Forbes #1
The radio was mentioning that Goff's helmet radio communication-to-McVay was fucked up on their first offensive drive, maybe even for their second.

Did Buck/Aikman mention this?

Cotton

Staff member
And the last thing I want is Jerry Jones thinking of validation for losing to them last week just because they make the Super Bowl.
That's actually a good point, but I have some friends on FB that are obnoxious Saints fans, so fuck the Saints.

Cotton

Staff member
Iamtdg or anyone that works on cars, for that matter.

I just replaced my car battery. This new car battery has a physically smaller footprint and there's about 3/4" inch gap inside the housing, Battery won't tip over, but I'm worried about the battery vibrating and teetering like an uneven stool or sliding around.

Okay to leave it like this? Or what can I use to shim (non-flammable) in between?
Or just use a bungee strap to strap it down.

data

Forbes #1
Or just use a bungee strap to strap it down.
Might be a pain in the ass the secure down the bungee strap ends. How about wrapping the bungee cord around the horizontal bar (that goes across the battery top) a couple times to fill that gap?

data

Forbes #1
This "...little bit of country" Chevy truck commercial...cool idea, but bad execution. Ends up being corny dramatic like Con Air.

Cotton

Staff member
Might be a pain in the ass the secure down the bungee strap ends. How about wrapping the bungee cord around the horizontal bar (that goes across the battery top) a couple times to fill that gap?
If it has the bar across it, you should be fine. As long as the bar is at the same height as the battery top.

data

Forbes #1
If it has the bar across it, you should be fine. As long as the bar is at the same height as the battery top.
That's the problem. The bar across is about 3/4" above the battery top, so I can lift up the battery 3/4" before it hits the bar...and the battery can slide back-forth, left-right <1" as well.

Looking to fill that gap somehow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wonder if some of the teams that hired them a McVay clone are like, son of a...

Cotton

Staff member
That's the problem. The bar across is about 3/4" above the battery top, so I can lift up the battery 3/4" before it hits the bar...and the battery can slide back-forth, left-right <1" as well.

Looking to fill that gap somehow.
I thought you meant the 3/4" was on the sides of the battery. Shims will just vibrate out. Might try putting two 1X4 boards cut to length under the battery to raise it up.

data

Forbes #1
I might just get a 3/4" thick block or 3/4" diameter dowel and shove it in between. Wood should be safe, right? Or should I use steel?

I mean, the battery's surrounded by plastic housing, so a fire would ruin everything anything. Wood has a higher burning point/melting point than plastic.

data

Forbes #1
I thought you meant the 3/4" was on the sides of the battery. Shims will just vibrate out. Might try putting two 1X4 boards cut to length under the battery to raise it up.
Props.

data

Forbes #1
I forgot the Rams franchise (while in LA) have never won a Super Bowl.

Cotton

Staff member
I might just get a 3/4" thick block or 3/4" diameter dowel and shove it in between. Wood should be safe, right? Or should I use steel?

I mean, the battery's surrounded by plastic housing, so a fire would ruin everything anything. Wood has a higher burning point/melting point than plastic.
It won't hurt anything to use wood, and 1X4's are exactly 3/4" thick, so it should work perfectly.

Top Bottom