Linehan fired

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Whoever it is, they're gonna be disappointed when they learn that Dak can't run a space age offense.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Yeah, no excitement on this until we see the final results. I'm still praying all of it is a temporary thing until Peyton opts out of his Saints contract and then comes here to save Jerry from himself.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, no excitement on this until we see the final results. I'm still praying all of it is a temporary thing until Peyton opts out of his Saints contract and then comes here to save Jerry from himself.
Yeah I just hope its someone outside the usual like Richard was that I can get excited about. If we promote someone from within it's a waste of time.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
What are his stats from Florida and Michigan when he didn't have an outrageous talent advantage?
His stats at Michigan were not very good at all. He was gone after one season.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

GShock

DCC 4Life
I realize he was given garbage to work with, but our TE play wasn’t exactly stellar this past season.

Someone who has shown they can scheme around weaknesses wouldn’t be terrible.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There is lots of room for improvement all around when it comes to fixing this offense.

The lack of creativity and failure to utilize Dak's mobility as a core feature of this offense were certainly issues, but finding someone who can speed up Dak's decision-making process is just as big a concern, IMO. 3 years in and there are still too many occasions where Dak holds the ball too long. And it's in those instances that we see him make the majority of his mistakes.

This is why I think it's just as important to pair him up with an experienced QB coach. An NFL QB is widely considered the most important and difficult position to master in team sports. So why in the hell would you entrust the development of your franchise QB with a young guy who just cutting his teeth in coaching? While everyone is focused on finding the next Sean McVay/boy genius at HC they're overlooking the fact that McVay had the intelligence to hire experienced coaches when filling out his staff. In particular, he certainly didn't turn the development of his #1 overall franchise QB over to some glorified grad assistant. He relied on guys with 10+ years of coaching assistance.

I don't think we'll ever fully unlock Dak's potential with Kellen Moore as his position coach. I'm sure there are quite a few little things in Dak's game that Moore is overlooking that an experienced coach would immediately identify and start working on.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What are his stats from Florida and Michigan when he didn't have an outrageous talent advantage?
I was going to make this point as well. Aside from the Alabama years his resume really isn't that impressive. Michigan and Florida have had underwhelming offenses for the better part of the last decade. And they certainly didn't develop any notable QBs during that period of time.

It would be a hard pass for me because I think better options are available, but knowing how lazy this organization is when it comes to coaching hires, Nussmeir will probably end up getting the job.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Pretty much. I think a lot of players realized what a liability he was as a play caller for a long time. I just hope we bring in a bright offensive mind and not just a Garrett fall guy.
If Nussmeier gets the job, we’re getting a Garrett fall guy.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I agree. I see nothing from his career that suggests innovation to me.
Because there isn’t anything to see. His offense is very run of the mill, which certainly excites Red Ball because boring and predictable is exactly what he covets.

Top Bottom