Linehan fired

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry undermines and humiliates Red. Same old same old. Nothing will change until Red and Dak are gone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in a guy from college.
In their mind, I bet they say Nussmeier fits the bill. Came from the college ranks and has the Saban thing that Garrett should find irresistible.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Jerry undermines and humiliates Red. Same old same old. Nothing will change until Red and Dak are gone.
If this were true, the players would see it and have ZERO respect for him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Meh... I have no love for Linehan, but I can't blame him for everything. It's Garrett's offense, and they're so close I'm sure Garrett had a very heavy hand in the weekly game planning. There's a reason he was Garrett's choice for OC.

Unless they hire someone with a totally different system and Garrett is ordered to stay hands off, I doubt much changes with the offense.
The one hope we have is that this spells the end to Garrett's offensive scheme. If we hire externally, then that hope gets brighter. If it's an internal promotion, it will be the same old same old.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Meh... I have no love for Linehan, but I can't blame him for everything. It's Garrett's offense, and they're so close I'm sure Garrett had a very heavy hand in the weekly game planning. There's a reason he was Garrett's choice for OC.

Unless they hire someone with a totally different system and Garrett is ordered to stay hands off, I doubt much changes with the offense.
Exactly, which is why everybody should hold off the celebrations until we find out who the next coordinator is.

if it's simply another stooge who is going to be asked to work with Garrett's playbook much like Linehan did, then all we will be doing is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

We need a real OC in here who is given full autonomy to install his own system, otherwise firing Linehan won't matter.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good.

Time to get creative.
The lack of creativity was a problem long before Linehan ever join the team.

That's on your boy.

And that's exactly why we need a real OC and one who isn't forced to hold onto anything from Garrett's awful system.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

deadrise

DCC 4Life
When Elliott runs into 8 or 9 man fronts 40% of the time during the Rams game, that's not just the OC, it's also the HC. When a no-name DE is eating the lunch of your left OT over and over again like during the Atlanta game last year, and nothing is done, that's mostly the HC.

When the Rams O line is reading the positioning of the Dallas D line 90% of the time, that's not just the DC's fault, ultimately it's the fault of the HC for not having a system in place to make sure that doesn't happen. Look at your own film.

Whoever the OC winds up being, Garrett's worst flaws are his lack of imagination and his inability or refusal to adapt during a game. Or, worse, his inability or refusal to adapt to QBs coming out of college -- and changing his scheme.

In terms of boy scout leader skills and cheer leading skills, he's first rate. In term's of Xs and Os, innovation, creativity, game and time management skills, and adaptability, he's horrible

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It's been less than a week since our playoff loss. Took way too long? Was it supposed to be 24 hours later?
Ask Bill Belichik. He fired an O Line coach THE NEXT DAY after a bad O Line showing in a playoff game.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nothing will change until Jerry is gone. He always does this to his coaches.

Top Bottom