Did the Cowboys’ Playoff Run Hurt the Future of the Franchise?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm seriously concerned about that. We're kinda in a tough spot here. Dak has proven himself to be better than a lot of current NFL QB's. But is he worth locking him into a long term/big money deal? All the while missing out on possibly drafting a potential franchise type QB?
Yes, no, maybe so?
With Dak at QB I doubt we would ever have much of a shot at those potential franchise QBs. You sort of have to bail on Dak, suffer the shitty season and get your QB. Which no one here would have the balls to do. It's to risky for a playoff team in the middle of their prime.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Extending Dak is a no brainer. We don't have any real choice at this point.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Extending Dak is a no brainer. We don't have any real choice at this point.
I mean it's nice to think about waiting another year and just franchising him if you need but that's not going to happen. Teams don't do that with QBs for a reason. Well except the Redskins and that turned out like shit for them. The QB is the leader and face of your franchise. Teams don't want that guy thinking he won't be back next year and having the players questioning their leader.

Like I said, extend him but try to leave a way out if needed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would be ecstatic with that contract.
Yeah I doubt we could get him for 20 mil a year but I'd be thrilled with it. QBs who make more than that per year already are (2018):

Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Kirk Cousins
Jimmy Garrapolo
Matthew Stafford
Derek Carr
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck
Alex Smith
Joe Flacco
Russel Wilson
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Phillip Rivers
Cam Newton
Tom Brady
Sam Bradford - Right at 20 mil.

Shit Case Motherfucking Keenum makes 18 mil.

I'd love to Dak to accept a 20 mil per year contract. It would really help the team to be able to put the right pieces in place around him. And as the Cowboys starting QB I'm sure he can make a lot of money through endorsements to sort of equal the playing field.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I doubt we could get him for 20 mil a year but I'd be thrilled with it. QBs who make more than that per year already are (2018):

Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Kirk Cousins
Jimmy Garrapolo
Matthew Stafford
Derek Carr
Drew Brees
Andrew Luck
Alex Smith
Joe Flacco
Russel Wilson
Ben Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Phillip Rivers
Cam Newton
Tom Brady
Sam Bradford - Right at 20 mil.

Shit Case Motherfucking Keenum makes 18 mil.

I'd love to Dak to accept a 20 mil per year contract. It would really help the team to be able to put the right pieces in place around him. And as the Cowboys starting QB I'm sure he can make a lot of money through endorsements to sort of equal the playing field.
My guess is he will end up pulling in about 25-27 mill per.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm hoping for 23-25. If he gets 30 we're fucked after next year. We'd have to draft VERY well.

Top Bottom