2019 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could also see us take Jeffrey Simmons in the 2nd for his "Red Shirt" year like Smith.
Innitially I was against this but I think I'm on board now if he makes it that far. He is a legit top 10 talent. Someone we won't have a shot at anytime soon without the injury. If you have a shot at the next Fletcher Cox isn't it worth waiting a year for? Having a 3 technique of that caliber for the next decade to me is worth it. I'll take that any day over a guy like Willis who will play right away but will never be a star more than likely.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Inside Look at the Senior Bowl Through VP of Player Personnel Will McClay | Dallas Cowboys 2019[/h]

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I'm really starting to hope that Thornhill is around at 58. I know that the top 5 are pretty interchangeable but Thornhill just might be my #1 choice at safety.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the third day. I'm on board. In the second round? Fuck no. I get that his not being a starter was about character but that's a serious red flag. And his stats were mediocre with a weak schedule. I don't dislike the player but I dislike him with how early I think he will be picked.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Very disturbing to see Ferguson as the odds on favorite.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life

Very disturbing to see Ferguson as the odds on favorite.
That's what I'm thinking. His attitude and reported lack of desire would be enough for me to pass on him. Smells like Irving and Gregory. If this causes him to freefall I'd take him in the fifth.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I see Jaylen Ferguson is really a consideration...endorse.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the board is really bare I'd rather go with Ferguson over someone like Trysten Hill or Gerald Willis. He has some nice traits, and if he takes to Marinelli's coaching he could be really good, but he'd be a worst case scenario type of pick where all the other guys I'd prefer (Gardner-Johnson, Dre'Mont Jones, Adderley, Savage, Deebo, Tillery, Rapp, etc.) are gone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If the board is really bare I'd rather go with Ferguson over someone like Trysten Hill or Gerald Willis. He has some nice traits, and if he takes to Marinelli's coaching he could be really good, but he'd be a worst case scenario type of pick where all the other guys I'd prefer (Gardner-Johnson, Dre'Mont Jones, Adderley, Savage, Deebo, Tillery, Rapp, etc.) are gone.
Ferguson is a cupboard-bare type pick for me.

Willis would truly fucking enrage me. He is such a nothing prospect, I am amazed he keeps getting so much attention.

Hill? Scares me, that is about all I can say.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah Hill and Willis in the second round would be big reaches to me. One wasn't even a starter and the other isn't that good. I'll take Ferguson over them because I at least don't feel like he is a reach where we pick. Still his lack of athletic ability is startling to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Thomas is a bit of a reach in the 4th. But the rest seems classically decent, although it would be odd for us to pick a whole draft of guys that we showed public interest in.

Cotton

Staff member

Thomas is a bit of a reach in the 4th. But the rest seems classically decent, although it would be odd for us to pick a whole draft of guys that we showed public interest in.
I would be quite happy with that haul.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's hard because you know we will pick some guys that we haven't shown public interest in. But there is no way of having any idea of who those guys are. And you know we will pick some guys who visited and we showed interest in. So it's just easier to fill the draft with those guys rather than attempting to pick a name out of the blue.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's like picking the NCAA basketball tourney and picking all favorites. Odds are those are the teams that win but everyone knows the tourney never goes that way. Only idiots pick the tournament and just choose the higher seed the whole way.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom