2019 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am kind of locked in on Jace Sternberger at 58.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would definitely be happy with that if he's still around.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I really like Sternberger and certainly wouldn't be unhappy with the pick there, but I'm leaning towards somebody like Thornhill at 58. Or maybe Chauncey Gardner Johnson. I'm really starting to warm up to Knox at TE, the more I read about him, too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like Sternberger and certainly wouldn't be unhappy with the pick there, but I'm leaning towards somebody like Thornhill at 58. Or maybe Chauncey Gardner Johnson. I'm really starting to warm up to Knox at TE, the more I read about him, too.
Yeah I think my preference is for DT or safety. DT mostly if someone slips. There is a big gap in my mind from a Dre'Mont Jones to the next level of DTs. So if the Dre'Mont Jones/Tillery's of the world are all gone by the time our pick is up I'd go get a safety. Thornhill is definitely my top guy there. Although I'd be thrilled with Rapp or Abraham or maybe even Savage. I assume Adderly will be long gone but if he slips through the cracks I'm all about him as well. But I certainly would be happy with Sternberger. We need a TE who can really threaten a defense in the passing game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah I think my preference is for DT or safety. DT mostly if someone slips. There is a big gap in my mind from a Dre'Mont Jones to the next level of DTs. So if the Dre'Mont Jones/Tillery's of the world are all gone by the time our pick is up I'd go get a safety. Thornhill is definitely my top guy there. Although I'd be thrilled with Rapp or Abraham or maybe even Savage. I assume Adderly will be long gone but if he slips through the cracks I'm all about him as well. But I certainly would be happy with Sternberger. We need a TE who can really threaten a defense in the passing game.
Yeah, I don't think the braintrust is looking at TE at 58. Safety and DT are the hot spots.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't think the braintrust is looking at TE at 58. Safety and DT are the hot spots.
Yeah I'm just nervous about the DTs we are looking at. They don't seem worthy of 58 at all.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
That was about the time when I started giving a shit about the draft and I hated that pick. Everyone knew that the Nebraska kids were nothing but roided up meatheads.
At the time I didn't know any better. Thought he was our new Randy White :unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
At the time I didn't know any better. Thought he was our new Randy White :unsure
The mid-eighties were a tough time.

I didn't get it then, but we lost our advantage we used to have in the draft and Landry was losing it too.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The mid-eighties were a tough time.

I didn't get it then, but we lost our advantage we used to have in the draft and Landry was losing it too.
Thank God for Herschel Walker is all I can say.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I could also see us take Jeffrey Simmons in the 2nd for his "Red Shirt" year like Smith.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't want a 2nd round RB, which seems to be making the rounds. You can find backs later. Love, Gaskins, or Scott late.
I totally agree. I want a RB but there is no reason to get crazy. The RB is basically your 4 year backup. You don't sink a second round pick into that. Especially when you consider you've sunk a top 5 pick and probably soon a big contract into the position. Honestly most of our money is sunk in the offense. Which means we probably should focus more on the defensive side now.

Top Bottom