2019 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He is a nice developmental guy. Great athlete and work ethic but limited production. Good blocker as well. Might be worth one of those fourth rounders.
I'm not interested in a developmental guy with limited production in the 4th. There will be better TEs or other players that are ready to help now still there. If we haven't taken a TE before the 7th? Sure. Sign me up. If he's gone by then? Oh well.

D

Deuce

Elijah Holyfield ran a 4.9 at his pro day. That’s an easy choice for me in round 7 and locking up depth behind Zeke.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm not interested in a developmental guy with limited production in the 4th. There will be better TEs or other players that are ready to help now still there. If we haven't taken a TE before the 7th? Sure. Sign me up. If he's gone by then? Oh well.
One of the big boards has the 4th round TEs ranked thusly:

100 Caleb Wilson
133 Zach Gentry
136 Dawson Knox

Perhaps you like Wilson or Gentry more.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

100 Caleb Wilson
133 Zach Gentry
136 Dawson Knox

I do like Wilson. And admittedly don't know much about Knox. I was mainly going off what Crock said about him. That he was a developmental guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get it. But I also don't want a guy with average athletic ability who will essentially give us what we already have in Schultz and Jarwin. We sort of already have those types. I'm not wasting my time with a TE unless they are clearly a superior talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do like Wilson. And admittedly don't know much about Knox. I was mainly going off what Crock said about him. That he was a developmental guy.
He didn't have many throws his way. But he was a big play threat. Really aggressive blocker. But yeah any time a guy only has 200-300 receiving I worry a little bit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

100 Caleb Wilson
133 Zach Gentry
136 Dawson Knox

I really like Caleb Wilson. I think he may go higher than the fourth though with his great combine.

Gentry I don't like. He just looks like a big dopey TE. He is one of those 6'8" guys who runs a 4.9 forty with questionable hands. I really just don't want another slug TE. We need someone who can continue to help open up the passing game. Which is why I'm not a big fan of bringing Witten back. He really just shrinks the field on us.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Caleb Wilson sucks. Knox is the best of that group.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]On The Clock: Isaac Nauta[/h]

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I spoke with McClay and suggested that Watt could've been used similar to how Anthony Barr is in Minnesota in base packages, basically as a SLB, and then moved around in nickel/dime (which you're in about half the time anyway) as a blitzer and with his hand down as a traditional edge rusher. He said you don't draft a 4-3 SLB in the 1st.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I spoke with McClay and suggested that Watt could've been used similar to how Anthony Barr is in Minnesota in base packages, basically as a SLB, and then moved around in nickel/dime (which you're in about half the time anyway) as a blitzer and with his hand down as a traditional edge rusher. He said you don't draft a 4-3 SLB in the 1st.
Cool story, bro.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Was this before or after you jumped that cop car?

Top Bottom