2019 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
And here come the combine overreactions. For all that atheltic ability the guy had like 1 sack. And not many TFLs either.
It’s probably more about the measures being misleading or inappropriate.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Latest DMN mock:
[h=2]Round 2, No. 58 overall pick:
Christian Miller, EDGE, Alabama[/h] [h=2]Round 3, No. 90:
Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois[/h] [h=2]Round 4, No. 128:
Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia[/h] [h=2]Round 4, No. 136:
Darwin Thompson, RB, Utah State[/h] [h=2]Round 5, No. 165:
Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston[/h] [h=2]Round 7, No. 241:
Donald Parham, TE, Stetson[/h]

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I've heard good reports on Wren and Saunders. Daylon Mack didn't do himself any favors at the combine

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Draft Show: 2019 NFL Combine - Day 4[/h]

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Not sure if I like this or not because I'm not familiar with a bunch of them but it's the first seven round mock I've seen.

58. Dallas Cowboys - Charles Omenihu, DL - Texas

The Texas defensive lineman has the potential to contribute to the pass rush immediately. At 6’5” and 280 pounds, he can line up as a 3-technique defensive tackle or a defensive end in certain situations. His versatility reminds me of Tyrone Crawford, but Omenihu’s repertoire of pass rush moves is much better. The Cowboys effectively fill two needs with one player here.

90. Dallas Cowboys - Terry McLaurin, WR - Ohio State

If the Cowboys really do decide they don’t want to give Cole Beasley all that guaranteed money, Terry McLaurin would be a really solid replacement plan. Like Beasley, McLaurin is quick on his feet and does a great job moving around in the shallow routes. His route running is also ideal, and when working in the slot he does a good job of creating separation. He’ll pair very well with Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup.

128. Dallas Cowboys - Justice Hill, RB - Oklahoma State

Ezekiel Elliott can’t keep up the workload he’s been getting if the Cowboys want him to last to the end of the next contract they’re about to give him. Finding a complementary back to Zeke is important, and at 128 overall, Justice Hill does that at tremendous value. Hill has the patience and burst to break off big gains in Dallas’ zone blocking scheme, and he’s a better route runner than some receivers in this draft class, making him a legitimate threat catching passes. He’ll allow Zeke to save his stamina without the team losing much production.

136. Dallas Cowboys - Anthony Nelson, EDGE - Iowa

Read my scouting report on him here, but Nelson is 6’7” and 271 pounds with some of the most technically sound pass rushing techniques in this class. He’s not too athletic, but Nelson is powerful, long, and fundamentally sound, which is exactly what Dallas likes in their edge rushers. Nelson has a chance to supplant either Dorance Armstrong or Taco Charlton on the depth chart.

165. Dallas Cowboys - Sheldrick Redwine, S - Miami

Sheldrick Redwine is more than just an awesome name. He has a great frame and does a good job of playing the run with a desire to go up and make the tackle. Redwine needs to work on refining the fundamentals, such as better form tackling and block shedding, but if the Cowboys can sign Earl Thomas or someone else, Redwine can take his time developing behind them. He should also be able to contribute on special teams in the meantime.

241. Dallas Cowboys - Terrill Hanks, LB - New Mexico State

Terrill Hanks used to be a safety but he converted to linebacker in his senior year at New Mexico State. Naturally, he’s still learning the positon, but his background as a box safety translates well. His coverage skills are solid and Hanks does a good job of coming up and making the tackle. He’ll need to work on things like anticipation, angling, and block shedding, but he can provide great depth and contribute on special teams. Depending on how well he progresses in his second year at linebacker, Hanks could even become an option at WILL linebacker in the future.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/6/18250513/cowboys-focused-7-round-mock-draft-after-the-combine-charles-omenihu-terry-mclaurin-nick-bosa

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Latest Easterling mock:

58. Dallas Cowboys
Khalen Saunders | DL | Western Illinois

90. Dallas Cowboys
Jace Sternberger | TE | Texas A&M

128. Dallas Cowboys
Kris Boyd | CB | Texas

136. Dallas Cowboys
DaMarkus Lodge | WR | Ole Miss

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Latest Easterling mock:

58. Dallas Cowboys

90. Dallas Cowboys

128. Dallas Cowboys
Kris Boyd | CB | Texas

136. Dallas Cowboys
Feh

Although Saunders does back flips and shit.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
No way we pass over a true decent 1 tech again this year! Right? Someone tell me I'm right

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Latest Easterling mock:

58. Dallas Cowboys

90. Dallas Cowboys

128. Dallas Cowboys
Kris Boyd | CB | Texas

136. Dallas Cowboys