2019 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I was pretty pumped about Tillery with our first pick. Until I read that he has serious character issues. I'd really rather not risk this pick on a guy who could have suspension tendencies.
From what I've read, Christmas or Renell Wren would be solid picks.
What serious character issues? He was suspended by the school for a bowl game, that's hardly a tendency and that was for violating team rules. He was also flagged against USC for unsportsmanlike conduct, which he apologized for. Not suspended by the team or the NCAA. One was as a freshman and the other a sophomore. It sure wan't Albert Haynesworth spiking Andre Gurode's face territory.

If Tilllery falls to the late second or third, I'm all over it.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Isn't Smith like the 5th or 6th best TE? Not sure I would be really happy with that. Most years you only see 4-5 max TE in rounds 1 and 2
Going by numbers is foolish. Who cares how many are drafted? Is the guy worth a late 2nd or not? That's what's debatable. I've seen him ranked as the 4th best, and slotted to go in the mid 2nd. I've also seen him ranked down towards the bottom of the top ten and ranked as a 3rd rounder. If a player falls to you that you like and also fits a need, are you going to pass them up because, uh oh, there were already X amount taken before him? Like I said... Foolish.

Player rankings right now are very fluid. You will see guys that for the last month you thought of as 1st or 2nd rounders go in the 3rd and 4th. Conversely, guys you wouldn't consider in the first couple rounds now will shoot up into the 2nd or higher. Lot of evaluation left to be done.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Going by numbers is foolish. Who cares how many are drafted? Is the guy worth a late 2nd or not? That's what's debatable. I've seen him ranked as the 4th best, and slotted to go in the mid 2nd. I've also seen him ranked down towards the bottom of the top ten and ranked as a 3rd rounder. If a player falls to you that you like and also fits a need, are you going to pass them up because, uh oh, there were already X amount taken before him? Like I said... Foolish.

Player rankings right now are very fluid. You will see guys that for the last month you thought of as 1st or 2nd rounders go in the 3rd and 4th. Conversely, guys you wouldn't consider in the first couple rounds now will shoot up into the 2nd or higher. Lot of evaluation left to be done.
Like you say, its much better to go by where the player is on a higher level, the big board. Position groupings and rankings are far less reliable regarding value.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Last edited:

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Jerry blowing smoke up his own ass. The hits just keep coming. The man's never gonna shut his mouth and stop embarrassing himself.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Damn Noah Fant is tearing shit up. Also Isabella ran a 4.31. Doubt he will fall to us. Oh to have a 1st round pick...

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I find it hard to believe that a 5'10 195 QB that flirts with baseball is going to be the overall #1 pick to a team that just traded up in the draft for a QB last year.

I really just cannot see someone that small playing QB in the NFL.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I find it hard to believe that a 5'10 195 QB that flirts with baseball is going to be the overall #1 pick to a team that just traded up in the draft for a QB last year.

I really just cannot see someone that small playing QB in the NFL.
Russell Wilson is 5'11". Drew Brees 6'. Doug Flutie 5'10". Can be done.

Top Bottom