2019 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Isabella is a lot more talented than Beasley. He actually could line up on the perimeter and catch deep passes.

You know, like the ones that everyone talked about Beasley could do and yet I still have a bag of uneaten dicks in the corner to show for it.
You have a bag of dicks?

BTW none of us said he would do it. Just wanted to see it happen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
T.J. Hockenson decided to forego his junior and senior season, surprising many, declaring for the NFL draft.
Hockenson is known for his ability to be elite in both pass catching and blocking, which could further enhance the cowboy rushing and passing attack.
Unfortunately I'm not sure we have a shot at him. Maybe the combine will change things but Kiper even has him as his top TE now. Maybe if we still had a first. But honestly we may have a better shot at Noah Fant.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I would take any of the top 3 tight ends but 1) I think they all go before the late 2nd and 2) I;'m not sure the team feels the same way. I think only Hockenson is a decent blocker.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Unfortunately I'm not sure we have a shot at him. Maybe the combine will change things but Kiper even has him as his top TE now. Maybe if we still had a first. But honestly we may have a better shot at Noah Fant.
Only if we trade up. That kid is late 1st/early 2nd. His floor is probably 15 spots before us.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I'd like to see a stud D Lineman, a stud safety, a stud TE, and RB backup who can run, catch and block. After that deck chairs should be arranged in perfect order as the ship goes down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only if we trade up. That kid is late 1st/early 2nd. His floor is probably 15 spots before us.
Yeah I think the best hope we have is a shot at the third TE. Just because only so many teams are going to want to spend that high of a pick on a TE. The position does tend to fall sometimes on draft day.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I had much rather have a run plugger DT in the 2nd than a TE. Our defense would be much closer to elite with a fatboy in the middle than our offense would be with a TE.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had much rather have a run plugger DT in the 2nd than a TE. Our defense would be much closer to elite with a fatboy in the middle than our offense would be with a TE.
We were fifth in the NFL against the rush. I'm not sure a big run plugged is going to have that much of an impact. Now a play making DT I think could help our defense more then an elite TE. But I think both could help both sides of the ball a ton.

Cotton

Staff member
We were fifth in the NFL against the rush. I'm not sure a big run plugged is going to have that much of an impact. Now a play making DT I think could help our defense more then an elite TE. But I think both could help both sides of the ball a ton.
I should have been more clear. I meant a run stuffer that can get pressure up the middle.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah I guess I don't really think of those types as run pluggers.
The stud DTs do both. In the same vein as DLaw but a fatter version that can get push inside on double teams.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The stud DTs do both. In the same vein as DLaw but a fatter version that can get push inside on double teams.
So Noah Fant or Dexter Lawrence? I'm taking Noah Fant. Noah Fant or someone like Ed Oliver, I'd say Oliver. Sort of depends on the specific players you're talking about.

Cotton

Staff member
So Noah Fant or Dexter Lawrence? I'm taking Noah Fant. Noah Fant or someone like Ed Oliver, I'd say Oliver. Sort of depends on the specific players you're talking about.
I would love to have Dexter Lawrence or Noah Fant.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would love to have Dexter Lawrence or Noah Fant.
Yeah frankly if we have a shot at either in the second round and take them I'm going to be pretty thrilled. I'm just hoping one of these DTs falls. There are like 8 dudes with first round grades. There can't possibly be 8 first round DTs can there?

Of course I'm not sure I love any TEs in the second round outside the top 3.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Yeah frankly if we have a shot at either in the second round and take them I'm going to be pretty thrilled. I'm just hoping one of these DTs falls. There are like 8 dudes with first round grades. There can't possibly be 8 first round DTs can there?

Of course I'm not sure I love any TEs in the second round outside the top 3.
Just saw a mock where Lawrence went to the Rams at #30 to replace Suh. Most mocks I've seen have him long gone by the time we're on the clock. I'm thinking we're gonna have to find someone in the 3rd or 4th. But if he were to somehow fall to us I think we would be fools to let him get by. Getting punched in the face by the Rams up the middle should be something that never happens again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just saw a mock where Lawrence went to the Rams at #30 to replace Suh. Most mocks I've seen have him long gone by the time we're on the clock. I'm thinking we're gonna have to find someone in the 3rd or 4th. But if he were to somehow fall to us I think we would be fools to let him get by. Getting punched in the face by the Rams up the middle should be something that never happens again.
Yeah I mean he could easily go in the first. Sometimes these oversized DTs fall a little though. Like I said there about 8 that people have going in the first round. I think some will drop. Just not sure which one. Or maybe you'll just see a shit ton of pass rushers go in the first round. There are a lot of talented DE types too. But I think some teams will reach for need pushing some guys into the second who shouldn't.

Kipers latest mock has 7 of those DTs going in the first with Tillery dropping to the second. A guy who I think could be a beast as a 3 technique here from Notre Dame.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Yeah I mean he could easily go in the first. Sometimes these oversized DTs fall a little though. Like I said there about 8 that people have going in the first round. I think some will drop. Just not sure which one. Or maybe you'll just see a shit ton of pass rushers go in the first round. There are a lot of talented DE types too. But I think some teams will reach for need pushing some guys into the second who shouldn't.

Kipers latest mock has 7 of those DTs going in the first with Tillery dropping to the second. A guy who I think could be a beast as a 3 technique here from Notre Dame.
Good point about DT's falling out of the first when the draft actually gets under way. That's usually the way it plays out. I've heard good things about Tillery. I'd be happy to pick him up. Read several good reports on him as a good, balanced DT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good point about DT's falling out of the first when the draft actually gets under way. That's usually the way it plays out. I've heard good things about Tillery. I'd be happy to pick him up. Read several good reports on him as a good, balanced DT.
Yeah I love his length and he had 8 sacks so clearly he has some rush ability. I think he is a little raw but he has an excellent bull rush to get upfield. I think it's a great combo for a 3 technique and someone Lett can probably teach a thing or two to because they are of similar build.

Top Bottom