One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Which only makes a difference if the offense as a whole has no ties to his system.

If it's still Garrett's offense, it won't matter if he doesn't call plays because the unit will still lack creativity and labor to score points.
You are looking at it too critically.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which only makes a difference if the offense as a whole has no ties to his system.

If it's still Garrett's offense, it won't matter if he doesn't call plays because the unit will still lack creativity and labor to score points.
Do you think the offensive coordinator won't add plays or modify them with creative wrinkles? Believe it or not our playbook probably contains most of the exact same routes as everyone else. And yes our offensive system has the ability to put guys in motion. The difference is the play calling and an offensive mind capable of adding those wrinkles. It's why a "System" often times looks totally different with a different play caller.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Terrell Owens advises the Cowboys to replace Jason Garrett with Sean Payton[/h]

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Sean Payton to Cowboys rumors grow |[/h]

p1_

DCC 4Life
don't worry kid, coach has your back.

p1_

DCC 4Life
just to stir the shit a little.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I would sign up for Sean Payton anyday and twice on Sunday. HOWEVER, it is hard to say we underperformed this year. Based on our roster, I think we got to where we should have. We lost to a superior team in the divisional round. We would have to have beat three superior teams in a row to win the SB. Unlikely to happen. If you just look at QB, the most important position, we had the worst QB, statistically speaking, in the divisional round with the notable exception of Foles. Luck, Mahomes, Goff, Brees, Brady, Rivers. These are all elite or top tier QBs. We have an above average QB who is pretty good in the clutch (similar to Foles really). Can we win with Dak? Sure. We need a stellar defense that forces turnovers. Our defense isn't there yet. I think we're a DT and a safety away from that.

So would I can Garrett right now? Well probably not unless I had someone I know would be an upgrade and who could be had. Like a quarter of the league fired their coaches. The pool out there is a bit thin. Personally I would mirror Garrett's extension to Payton's availability. Hopefully in the intervening 2 years Stephen takes over more and more responsibility and hiring a coach who wants to shop for groceries won't be such a bad thing.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
just to stir the shit a little.
LOL Wishful thinking in the extreme. But sure, I'm down.

I suspect this is just posturing since they are in contract talks. I can't imagine Garrett has much leverage since the fan base pretty much want him gone.

Top Bottom