Cowboys Coaches Watch Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Just when you start to rationalize the Moore thing, here comes this massive kick to the nuts.
So if Kitna is a done deal does that all but guarantee Moore is the OC? I mean they aren't going to get rid of Moore. And since he has been replaced in his job I'm not sure that there is really any hope left for a legit offensive coordinator. Sadly I think Kitna is an upgrade at QB coach. It's sad because the guy who I think he is better than appears to be primed for a promotion.

I just don't see how you can possibly combine a QB coach and an offensive coordinator with no experience. Jerry really has no value for coaching experience. It's like he thinks if you played the sport you don't need to have coached before.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garrett: ex-Cowboy
Moore: ex-Cowboy
Kitna: ex-Cowboy
Colombo: ex-Cowboy
Lett: ex-Cowboy

How many of them would have similar positions with a different team?
Colombo has earned his job in my opinion. The rest not so much. Of course Lett hasn't really been given much authority. He is what, assistant Dline coach?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Kellen Moore, get the fuck outta here with that shit.

McVay doesn’t have any cousins?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
This really does remind me of the Jason Garrett hire back in 2007. Inexperienced coach gifted a high profile job simply because of the personal relationship he has with the Jones family and Cowboys organization.

You can't tell me that Kellen Moore actually EARNED a promotion to OC. Dak didn't take some massive step forward. There was very little improvement in his game in terms of pre-snap reads and decision making.

Kris Richard would be wise to jump ship as soon as possible because they don't believe in meritocracy in Dallas. Promotions aren't EARNED. Promotions are tied to office politics.

I love how the Jones family refuses to learn from past failures. They stubbornly stick to their philosophy. I don't know if it's admirable or sad.
Spot on.

I thought it was B.S. when I first heard about this. Actually joked several weeks ago that they'd promote Moore to OC, that it was too stupid to actually happen...but it's their frikkin plan along.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
How could Kellen fuckin' Moore be the Offensive fuckin' Coordinator? He hasn't done dog shit anywhere. He and Kitna are from the same loser tradition in Detroit, where Linehan was from.

Maybe it's because Detroit shares with Dallas as being one of three NFC teams not to have been in a Conf. Championship game since who knows when?
Seriously though, if this was their plan they should have just never gotten rid of Linehan.

So they send him to the woodhsed and promote his protege.

If the players would just execute, we could win the Super Bowl one day.

How we doin, guys?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Maybe it's because Detroit shares with Dallas as being one of three NFC teams not to have been in a Conf. Championship game since who knows when?
At least Jerry's not walking on eggshells.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
If Moore is named OC then you know Garrett is back in the driver's seat running the offense. Simple as that, no point in even debating Moore's credentials beyond that.

If that's the case, it better come without an extension. Let him go into the last year of his deal with his hand-picked staff of minions and shit or get off the pot.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
If Moore is named OC then you know Garrett is back in the driver's seat running the offense. Simple as that, no point in even debating Moore's credentials beyond that.

If that's the case, it better come without an extension. Let him go into the last year of his deal with his hand-picked staff of minions and shit or get off the pot.
Oh, he's completely fucked. The odds of a successful season are longer than ever now. Complete waste unless they plan on tanking.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It's obvious that Alfred E. Garrett and Jerry don't want anybody on the offensive side who runs even a slight risk of overshadowing Garrett. Why that is is anyone's guess.

vince

Not So New Member
This Kellen Moore to OC is horseshit. We're clearly not in a win-now mindset.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No, no, no, no, no.

No.

Just no.

Let's hope Sean Payton resigns from the Saints next year instead of this year. Because this shit is doomed.
Well you can forget about that now. Brees is already talking about next year and I dont see Payton leaving after that loss.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Put me down for Moore as OC and no extension.
Yeah I agree. Moore is either a savant or Garrett is gone. I'm all for that.

I'm not even sure what super stud offensive coordinator is out there that would come to Dallas anyway.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Yeah I agree. Moore is either a savant or Garrett is gone. I'm all for that.

I'm not even sure what super stud offensive coordinator is out there that would come to Dallas anyway.

Exactly. It's a win win if you're willing to concede another (likely) wasted season.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If you're Will McClay, you've gotta go get a GM spot elsewhere in the league.

How infuriating to build a team the way he has to see it pissed away on this "genius" of a HC.

I believe his contract is up in 2020, I wouldn't hate him for leaving.

Top Bottom