Cowboys Coaches Watch Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And? If Garrett is back calling plays, chances are he'll shit all over himself again. And if that leads to him being fired? Great. I don't really care if we are unable to evaluate the hidden gem that is Kellen Moore as long as the Garrett stink is finally washed away from here.
If Garrett gets an extension, Jones is not going to fire him with multiple years left on his contract. It's not happening.

If giving him the play sheet back means he rides out his last year and bets on himself, fine.

If not, it will be a complete fucking shit show.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

This is a good point. Promoting Moore could be a sign that Garrett has one last year to prove something and that's why they aren't going external with this hire. I know, pipe dreams, but it's all I have right now.

p1_

DCC 4Life

This is a good point. Promoting Moore could be a sign that Garrett has one last year to prove something and that's why they aren't going external with this hire. I know, pipe dreams, but it's all I have right now.
yes, the Garrett extension or lack thereof should be key in this process.

GShock

DCC 4Life
yes, the Garrett extension or lack thereof should be key in this process.
I think this is right. Jerry doesn’t like to have HCs on 1-year deals, correct?

it feels like it’s either Payton or all in with an extension for Garrett and his, uh, “tree.”

deadrise

DCC 4Life
How could Kellen fuckin' Moore be the Offensive fuckin' Coordinator? He hasn't done dog shit anywhere. He and Kitna are from the same loser tradition in Detroit, where Linehan was from.

Maybe it's because Detroit shares with Dallas as being one of three NFC teams not to have been in a Conf. Championship game since who knows when?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wonder if Kellen Moore will maintain that dumb ass QB to OC system of interaction that Linehan created. You know the one where Dak didn't communicate directly with Linehan and Moore was the middle man between the two.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Guys, you are missing the point here.

Obviously we have a hidden, Sean McVay type gem on the coaching staff in Kellen Moore.

You all should be down on your fucking knees in gratitude that the front office has the clarity to see such things.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I am only guessing, but the insertion of Moore means the offense will likely use a 2-TE as a base, run-heavy with a misdirection ground game, much like what Pederson does in Washington.
That would be my guess. That system should also free up receivers for deep throws because it’ll freeze the safeties or draw them down to the LOS. So if Tavon Austin can stsy healthy (unlikely), he shod see a number of deep passes thrown his way.

That being said, it would be yet another lazy hire which likely will end very poorly.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They're freaking lazy. Too lazy to get off their asses and do a little research outside the organization and their circle of friends.

These SOBs just don't value what fresh eyes and assessments from outsiders bring to an organization.

They deserve to go another 23 years without winning anything.
That and the fact that winning isn't what matters most in Dallas.

Staying relevant and making money is.

They are going to waste another year in the careers of numerous talented players for at best, an experimental year to setup Garrett to fall, or at worst, a typically lazy effort from on of the worst run organizations in sports.

I think this organization is too stupid for it to be the former. And even if that was what they were doing, why go through all that trouble when you can just simply fire the asshole and bring in some real coaches?

If Moore does indeed become the OC, I hope this team fails to make the playoffs next year.

This organization doesn't deserve to win shit.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry is like Trump, only hiring people he knows or is comfortable with, regardless of qualifications. Kitna = Omarosa.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can't tell me that Kellen Moore actually EARNED a promotion to OC. Dak didn't take some massive step forward. There was very little improvement in his game in terms of pre-snap reads and decision making.
Dak actually improved a ton as the season went on. Even stopped with the fumbling shit eventually. It's just that most of us attribute it to Cooper and not Moore. But I think someone could make the argument that we saw a lot of development in Dak.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Dak actually improved a ton as the season went on. Even stopped with the fumbling shit eventually. It's just that most of us attribute it to Cooper and not Moore. But I think someone could make the argument that we saw a lot of development in Dak.
Or you could say he started improving after we traded for a legit WR.

Anyhoo, I'll be interested in seeing the strides Gallup makes next season.

junk

Not So New Member
That and the fact that winning isn't what matters most in Dallas.

Staying relevant and making money is.

They are going to waste another year in the careers of numerous talented players for at best, an experimental year to setup Garrett to fall, or at worst, a typically lazy effort from on of the worst run organizations in sports.

I think this organization is too stupid for it to be the former. And even if that was what they were doing, why go through all that trouble when you can just simply fire the asshole and bring in some real coaches?

If Moore does indeed become the OC, I hope this team fails to make the playoffs next year.

This organization doesn't deserve to win shit.
I'm not sure they are stupid. They just aren't any good at critical self evaluation. Mainly because I don't think they want to be. They're comfortable making money, stumbling along at 8-8, occasionally having a playoff year and staying relevant.

However, bringing in someone from the outside would mean putting Garrett's offense under the microscope and evaluating it as a predictable, boring inefficient approach......as the rest of the league has been saying for years.

So, they realize they have to make changes to keep butts in the seats and to save their jobs, but they just bring in more of the same like minded people they are familiar with.

Anyway, I hope Moore can bring some wrinkles into the offense, but it feels like continuing to drink your own bathwater.

data

Forbes #1
Even if Garrett gets fired after next season, my guess is Jerruh wouldn't give the new head coach authority to bring in his own staff. Kellen Moore would be here to stay.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Even if Garrett gets fired after next season, my guess is Jerruh wouldn't give the new head coach authority to bring in his own staff. Kellen Moore would be here to stay.
Our next HC....Kellen Moore
:budd

Well this is good then. Next season will be the down season according to Jason Garrett’s Cowboys roller coaster team during his up and down tenure. So this year coming up they won’t make the playoffs and he is gone. Works for me!

Guys, you are missing the point here.

Obviously we have a hidden, Sean McVay type gem on the coaching staff in Kellen Moore.

You all should be down on your fucking knees in gratitude that the front office has the clarity to see such things.
It would be fucking hilarious if we were to finally have Garrett fired next season and then get Kellen Moore as HC. That’s the type of shit these idiots are doing. I would just quit watching football at that point...

Top Bottom