Cowboys Coaches Watch Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Even better, promote Moore to OC and have Garrett take back over playcalling. Let's watch this motherfucker burn.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although, maybe we should hope for Moore to become OC. I mean, it would quite assuredly fail miserably, leaving no excuse to keep Garrett around, especially if Garrett is stumping for him.
Eh he would probably limp the offense along like Linehan did last year. I'm sure he is a bright young man but he is as green as they come. Maybe if he had been an assistant under a good offensive coordinator for a little bit first.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Welp..it's happening

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Kellen Moore as OC? :lol

Y'all have fun with that. I'd absolutely take Kitna as the QB coach though.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Welp..it's happening
I am only guessing, but the insertion of Moore means the offense will likely use a 2-TE as a base, run-heavy with a misdirection ground game, much like what Pederson does in Washington.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If this is the case these mutherfuckers will never win anything again. Always half ass attempts to fix shit! Need a real established offensive mind!
They're freaking lazy. Too lazy to get off their asses and do a little research outside the organization and their circle of friends.

These SOBs just don't value what fresh eyes and assessments from outsiders bring to an organization.

They deserve to go another 23 years without winning anything.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Just when you start to rationalize the Moore thing, here comes this massive kick to the nuts.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I really don't give a damn if Moore is hired as OC. Imo, it's win/win for us. Either we stumble upon a good young coach, or he fails miserably and then the whole fucking shithouse can be flushed out next year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really don't give a damn if Moore is hired as OC. Imo, it's win/win for us. Either we stumble upon a good young coach, or he fails miserably and then the whole fucking shithouse can be flushed out next year.
If Garrett is back involved with the offense in terms of calling the plays, nobody will be able to evaluate what he can do.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Garrett is back involved with the offense in terms of calling the plays, nobody will be able to evaluate what he can do.
And? If Garrett is back calling plays, chances are he'll shit all over himself again. And if that leads to him being fired? Great. I don't really care if we are unable to evaluate the hidden gem that is Kellen Moore as long as the Garrett stink is finally washed away from here.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This really does remind me of the Jason Garrett hire back in 2007. Inexperienced coach gifted a high profile job simply because of the personal relationship he has with the Jones family and Cowboys organization.

You can't tell me that Kellen Moore actually EARNED a promotion to OC. Dak didn't take some massive step forward. There was very little improvement in his game in terms of pre-snap reads and decision making.

Kris Richard would be wise to jump ship as soon as possible because they don't believe in meritocracy in Dallas. Promotions aren't EARNED. Promotions are tied to office politics.

I love how the Jones family refuses to learn from past failures. They stubbornly stick to their philosophy. I don't know if it's admirable or sad.

Top Bottom