Cowboys Coaches Watch Thread...

p1_

DCC 4Life
No kudos for Colombo’s performance? I thought he did a good job .

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't even remember him starting games for the Cowboys but he did - 9. I guess I was busy with residency and not paying too much attention.
Ummm ok, I definitely remember when Kitna was here but last I heard he was coaching at a High School. None of the local media guys said anything about him helping Dak before this, most credited Sanchez

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
And like I said, an announcement tomorrow that the Cowboys were prying away Sean Payton from the Saints or they were hiring Lincoln Riley, and I'll be fine with it.

If they instead fire Garrett tomorrow and say, "Ok, now we're gonna start looking. Candidates include Todd Haley, Marvin Lewis, Dirk Koetter, and Mike McCoy..... no. Fucking hard pass. I'll keep Garrett and run the chance that he can somehow elevate them past the Divisional Round.
Jerry has hired 7 NFL head coaches; 5 of those were first-time NFL head coaches. Another was Bill Parcells. The only other one with previous head coaching experience was Wade Phillips, but considering that the only reason he got the job was because he was the only qualified candidate willing to get anchored with Jason Garrett riding alongside him on his training wheels, I'm not sure if that even counts.

So, your concern about Jerry kicking the tires on some retread to replace Garrett seems a little unfounded. I'd be more worried about him hiring Houston Nutt than I would Marvin Lewis.

Either way, it's absurd to let the fear of the unknown keep you married to Garrett.

There's no unknown there - we know what we're getting. Yeah, he appears to be a good motivator, and when the clouds part and stars align with everything falling into place just perfectly every few years, he can motivate them to get a sniff of the playoffs, but only a sniff.

You want your coach to give you a guy who gives you a decided advantage on game day every Sunday. I didn't walk away from that Rams game last Saturday feeling like they had better players. I did walk away with the sense that they had the better coaches.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes. The motherfucker actually went there.

data

Forbes #1
Might as well give Garrett another three years. Dak Prescott sucks anyway.

Get the real coach when John Stephen Jones lays his big dick on the field.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Jerry has hired 7 NFL head coaches; 5 of those were first-time NFL head coaches. Another was Bill Parcells. The only other one with previous head coaching experience was Wade Phillips, but considering that the only reason he got the job was because he was the only qualified candidate willing to get anchored with Jason Garrett riding alongside him on his training wheels, I'm not sure if that even counts.

So, your concern about Jerry kicking the tires on some retread to replace Garrett seems a little unfounded. I'd be more worried about him hiring Houston Nutt than I would Marvin Lewis.

Either way, it's absurd to let the fear of the unknown keep you married to Garrett.

There's no unknown there - we know what we're getting. Yeah, he appears to be a good motivator, and when the clouds part and stars align with everything falling into place just perfectly every few years, he can motivate them to get a sniff of the playoffs, but only a sniff.

You want your coach to give you a guy who gives you a decided advantage on game day every Sunday. I didn't walk away from that Rams game last Saturday feeling like they had better players. I did walk away with the sense that they had the better coaches.
No, it is patently incorrect to say, “He can get us a sniff of the playoffs every few years if the stars align.”

It is far more accurate to say we are a consistent divisional round playoff contender except when we lose an absolutely vital player for a large amount of time.

You don’t fear the unknown because you have an incorrect presumption of what we’d be throwing away, which you feel is nothing.

But that is wrong. We have won the division 3 times in the last 5 tries and it would be 4/5 if Romo stayed healthy, and 5/5 playoffs at least if Elliott wasn’t wrongfully suspended.

Now, is he the guy to get us over the hump? Maybe not. But our level of success is far more than you are making it seem, and three times we have essentially been a single play or two away from the NFCC.

Thats the kind of situation where you target a specific upgrade, not gamble on a retread or a lesser quality coaching prospect.

Top Bottom