Cowboys Coaches Watch Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's WAY more absurd than Garrett returning. Garrett's strength obviously isn't X's and O's and scheming. It's binding the organization to a plan, a vision, and a goal, and implementing it, and getting everyone to buy in and compete. That's worthwhile, but when your offense sucks balls for most of the year and is clearly holding back your QB, you can't just trade a first rounder for a top WR and march everything back next year the same and expect better results.

Kinda unacceptable.
There's no "kinda" about it -- it is totally unacceptable.

But this falls back on your boy. He is the guy who WANTS Linehan to return. I have zero doubt that if it were up to him, he'd never get rid of the guy.

Why?

Because Linehan is a yes-man to Garrett in the same way that Garrett is to Jerry. And even if he gives up playcalling to Linehan, he is still running Garrett's outdated shitty offense which is exactly what that asshole wants.

He doesn't want anyone coming in and being given the autonomy to instill their own philosophy and concepts. So of course he's going to hold on to the offense with all of his might.

The ONLY chance we have of seeing this offense improve is if the Jones' force Garrett to cede control of it to someone else much like they did with Marinelli and Richard.

If not, then it'll be another season of the shittiest HC/OC combo in the NFL

What a joke.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not sure I believe this. We all know how Jerry likes to blow smoke
Anything can change at any moment for anything in life. I don't doubt that this is the mindset currently, though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But it wasn't Jerry who said it -- it was Garrett.
Not real sure Garrett has much say in it. At least that's the hope I'm holding onto.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And he is also the guy that does not have the final say.
Not real sure Garrett has much say in it. At least that's the hope I'm holding onto.
That may be, but it's still scary as shit to fathom that there's even a chance of this happening and hearing anyone suggest that he could be back, even a powerless buffoon like Garrett, is enough to cause concern.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The fact that Garrett wants him back may be the biggest reason why Garrett shouldn't be here. Hiring the right assistants is one of the most important parts of being a head coach. An owner shouldn't have to force assistants down a head coaches throat and this is why Garrett shouldn't be the head coach. He will never do the dirty work necessary to get this team to the next level.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Anything can change at any moment for anything in life. I don't doubt that this is the mindset currently, though.
Yep. If they weren't going to bring him back there'd be no reason to hide it at this point.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The fact that Garrett wants him back may be the biggest reason why Garrett shouldn't be here. Hiring the right assistants is one of the most important parts of being a head coach. An owner shouldn't have to force assistants down a head coaches throat and this is why Garrett shouldn't be the head coach. He will never do the dirty work necessary to get this team to the next level.
Exactly.

And there is no doubt in my mind that Garrett does want him back for the reasons I stated before.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There's no "kinda" about it -- it is totally unacceptable.

But this falls back on your boy. He is the guy who WANTS Linehan to return. I have zero doubt that if it were up to him, he'd never get rid of the guy.

Why?

Because Linehan is a yes-man to Garrett in the same way that Garrett is to Jerry. And even if he gives up playcalling to Linehan, he is still running Garrett's outdated shitty offense which is exactly what that asshole wants.

He doesn't want anyone coming in and being given the autonomy to instill their own philosophy and concepts. So of course he's going to hold on to the offense with all of his might.

The ONLY chance we have of seeing this offense improve is if the Jones' force Garrett to cede control of it to someone else much like they did with Marinelli and Richard.

If not, then it'll be another season of the shittiest HC/OC combo in the NFL

What a joke.
I don't think it's quite as simple as you are making it sound. I'll expand on where I would go with all this in another post... I think I'll make a what would you do thread.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
The Cowboys coaching staff is coaching the Pro Bowl again this year, so don't expect any firings before then. That means we have at least 2 weeks to wait to see if anyone (Linehan) of significance gets the boot. Gonna be a long 2 weeks.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The Cowboys coaching staff is coaching the Pro Bowl again this year, so don't expect any firings before then. That means we have at least 2 weeks to wait to see if anyone (Linehan) of significance gets the boot. Gonna be a long 2 weeks.
I wonder if that really matters. No reason to accommodate the popularity contest as far as your staff is concerned.

Cotton

Staff member
I wonder if that really matters. No reason to accommodate the popularity contest as far as your staff is concerned.
Maybe Garrett is getting his buddy a couple of extra weeks paid before he offs him?

Top Bottom