Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
Until they do.... it ain't over yet.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Pretty sure that means Moore is as well.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:window

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I don't think that means shit. We all know Garrett doesn't make decisions about his staff.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That's a pretty vague statement but if they keep Garrett AND Linehan around, they're bigger morons than I give them credit for.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Jerry got his yacht, Garrett will get his extension.

All is well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

What an absolute joke of an organization.

How can they look at anyone with a straight face and say that they will do whatever it takes to win?

This is actually even more absurd than Garrett returning.

There is no way whatsoever that anyone can make a legitimate case for Linehan to return.

This is preposterous.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm actually not surprised at all. Linehan is Garrett's buddy. They run the same offense. Jerry may have forced Garrett to give up play calling, but this way Garrett can keep himself in the mix. If you hire a young innovative guy doing the stuff McVay does and truly turn him loose, Jason loses that.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I'm actually not surprised at all. Linehan is Garrett's buddy. They run the same offense. Jerry may have forced Garrett to give up play calling, but this way Garrett can keep himself in the mix. If you hire a young innovative guy doing the stuff McVay does and truly turn him loose, Jason loses that.
Yeah. This is precisely the offense Garrett wants to run, and precisely the way he wants to run it.

There's also no chance that Garrett is fired to be replaced by Linehan. If anything, keeping Linehan around provides a convenient fall guy should it become necessary.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not withstanding who the coaches are, what NFL team/GM wants to shake up a 10-6 regular season team and engages in 2 post season appearances. Again forget whether we are looking at the Dallas Coaches?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol

What an absolute joke of an organization.

How can they look at anyone with a straight face and say that they will do whatever it takes to win?

This is actually even more absurd than Garrett returning.

There is no way whatsoever that anyone can make a legitimate case for Linehan to return.

This is preposterous.
It's WAY more absurd than Garrett returning. Garrett's strength obviously isn't X's and O's and scheming. It's binding the organization to a plan, a vision, and a goal, and implementing it, and getting everyone to buy in and compete. That's worthwhile, but when your offense sucks balls for most of the year and is clearly holding back your QB, you can't just trade a first rounder for a top WR and march everything back next year the same and expect better results.

Kinda unacceptable.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not withstanding who the coaches are, what NFL team/GM wants to shake up a 10-6 regular season team and engages in 2 post season appearances. Again forget whether we are looking at the Dallas Coaches?
You have to identify what is working and what isn't working, though. The offense needs improvement badly.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You have to identify what is working and what isn't working, though. The offense needs improvement badly.
True but my hypothetical would address what many are advocating which is to rip out the Coach, OC and DC plus the QB coach. The Cowboys record would generally not compel that much of an adjustment we’re it any other organization.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The offense simply needs some refreshing. We don't need to go full air raid like McVay but someone with some new, progressive ideas and who has a vision for getting more out of Prescott.

Frankly the defense probably does too, which means Richard should maybe get MORE of a voice instead of less or the same.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Please no. I'm not sure I can take another year of this.

Top Bottom