2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
And the defense was garbage again yesterday, against the worst offense in football and against an OL that gave up 10 sacks the week before.
Hopefully ol Jer can get some of his money back on Lawrence...he's stunk it up this year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hopefully ol Jer can get some of his money back on Lawrence...he's stunk it up this year.
There is a continuing pattern about players who get a big contract. They suddenly become a flat tire. They never have any incentive to go all out any more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a continuing pattern about players who get a big contract. They suddenly become a flat tire. They never have any incentive to go all out any more.
This team has a serious motivation issue right now. We just are playing soft and less physical. The Jets came out motivated and ready to hit some people. Dallas just looked soft and tentative. But I guess when every player knows their job is secure it's not like guys are ready to go all out.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
For what it's worth:
I read that the Niners played without their starting tackles as well. And a WR I think (?).
Didn't matter! They put it to the Rams. Apparently that's what good teams who are well coached and focused do :shrug

• Props
Reactions: p1_

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Lawrence is a good player. He obviously isn't 100%. Other offenses obviously agree because they are double teaming him more than any other edge rush/DE in the league.

The only thing he has done wrong this year was not get the major shoulder surgery right after the season. Everyone knew he needed it from the day after the playoff loss. I still don't understand it, I'm sure in some stupid way his agent believed that gave him leverage to get a better deal, but all he did was fuck himself and his team (whether it was us, or the new team). I really don't get it because had he made it to free agency and told an interested team "I'm not getting cut on till I get paid" they'd have likely just said, "fine, we'll move on", in the end screwing himself out of money.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
For what it's worth:
I read that the Niners played without their starting tackles as well. And a WR I think (?).
Didn't matter! They put it to the Rams. Apparently that's what good teams who are well coached and focused do :shrug
The difference between Dallas and the 49ers is that their DL is controlling the LOS. We couldn't do that against one of the weaker OLs in the league.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
NFLN reporting Cooper has thigh bruise and is day to day

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
The difference between Dallas and the 49ers is that their DL is controlling the LOS. We couldn't do that against one of the weaker OLs in the league.
Indeed...
Cant say I've seen us do that for four quarters in any game this season

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
No, the difference between Dallas and SF is they realized after one season what a loser they had as HC and ran the stooge off. We haven't realized that in 9 1/2 yrs of mediocrity.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Thanks, Witten.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Aren’t Zekes carries down from prior seasons levels ?
His career average is 18.08 carries per game. This year he is at 18.8 per game, so they are actually up a tad, and that's with a light game against the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom