2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He had to know they would read the book on him
Does he though? He has been learning from Linehan and Garrett the last few years. Plus now he gets to use the "the players just need to execute" excuse

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
numbers 1 and 3. whod have thunk?
Dallas had plenty of offense and a good game plan, they just had too many turnovers and inconsistent execution. They made the outcome easy for their opponent.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dallas had plenty of offense and a good game plan, they just had too many turnovers and inconsistent execution. They made the outcome easy for their opponent.
dont forget a very poor defensive effort.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There were also a fuckload of ill-timed poor calls or no-calls that probably resulted in at least a 7-10 point swing. The team played like shit and deserved to lose but there were some truly horrendous calls/no-calls that went against us and resulted directly in points, while I didn't see that happening the other way.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There were also a fuckload of ill-timed poor calls or no-calls that probably resulted in at least a 7-10 point swing. The team played like shit and deserved to lose but there were some truly horrendous calls/no-calls that went against us and resulted directly in points, while I didn't see that happening the other way.
Officiating is always the most frustrating thing because the team has little to no control over it. And while we can all sit here and say you shouldn't allow officials to decide a game with your play, it's impossible not to. Bad calls are going to swing a game one way or the other no matter what. And unless you're significantly better than the other team they are going to be hard to overcome.

p1_

DCC 4Life
two games running I'd say.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
dont forget a very poor defensive effort.
Yeah that sort of goes without saying. However the defense was on their heels some of the time due to field position after turnovers. Still they had some lapses that didn’t help their cause.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Whew. This is a relief. All been addressed.

So I guess we got ourselves a new 3-technique and safety.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I’ve still never figured out how Marinelli claims to run his brand of defense, yet he doesn’t have any of the type players he used on previous stops where his defenses were dynamic.

It’s like trying to use your minivan in a Indycar race.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’ve still never figured out how Marinelli claims to run his brand of defense, yet he doesn’t have any of the type players he used on previous stops where his defenses were dynamic.

It’s like trying to use your minivan in a Indycar race.
whatever the reason, it makes him look like a shite coach.

data

Forbes #1

Whew. This is a relief. All been addressed.

So I guess we got ourselves a new 3-technique and safety.
I was waiting for his statement to be capitalized by him donning a helmet and saying, “I’m back”

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
So change up your god damn hand gestures. It’s not that fucking hard of an adjustment.
Seems like it was just the Saints (if this story has any cerd)... it wasn't Moore's fault the defense shit the bed, nor were the turnovers.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Seems like it was just the Saints (if this story has any cerd)... it wasn't Moore's fault the defense shit the bed, nor were the turnovers.
Kind of hard to blame the defense when they only allow 12 points. Unless you mean the packers game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kind of hard to blame the defense when they only allow 12 points. Unless you mean the packers game.
Sort of but there was more in play than just points. When you let a team dominate the clock with long and slow drives it also handicaps the offense. The defense couldn't get off the field.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
They gave up a 15 play drive early in the 2nd half and then with the game on the line let the Saints run almost 4 mins off the clock and convert two crucial 3rd and shorts.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Thought that might have been the case after rereading it. Completely agree on that game. Not that the defense was blameless in the saints game but the offense was far worse.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Thought that might have been the case after rereading it. Completely agree on that game. Not that the defense was blameless in the saints game but the offense was far worse.
And the defense was garbage again yesterday, against the worst offense in football and against an OL that gave up 10 sacks the week before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom