2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dallas is not involved. Quit being sucked.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
It'd be worth a phone call IMO, but maybe they should call the Jets about DL Leonard Williams. He is playing his final yr of a contract and so far there apparently has been no news of an extension. He's only 25 and had a couple yrs of decent sack production (7 in 2016, 5 in 2018). Was ok in the scheme they were playing but would seem to be the ideal 4-3 3T DT. Very athletic guy and was a former top-5 pick overall.

Might be able to get him somewhat on the cheap too as the Jets look like a team going nowhere, will probably be firing that mistake of a HC they just hired.

If he plays great then you can make a decision next year whether to resign him to long term deal. if he doesn't you let him walk and maybe nab a comp pick the following year.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
So the trade wasn't just a straight up 1st for Fitzpatrick as originally reported. According to this CBSSports.com blurb, there wre multiple picks shipped both ways: [h=3]Steelers receive:[/h]
team logo

View Profile Minkah Fitzpatrick MIA • FS • 29

2020 fourth round pick, 2021 seventh round pick [h=3]Dolphins receive:[/h]
2020 first round pick, 2020 fifth round pick, 2021 sixth round pick

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah. That makes it soooo much better. .

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah. That makes it soooo much better. .
I don't think Goof Son would have offered anything like that, especially the first. The other swapping is just window dressing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It'd be worth a phone call IMO, but maybe they should call the Jets about DL Leonard Williams. He is playing his final yr of a contract and so far there apparently has been no news of an extension.
We don't value DT nearly enough to trade what it would require to get a player like him. We would rather do it with middle round draft picks and street free agents. Besides, he would be a progress stopper to our elite 2nd round prize pick Trysten Hill.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And, that opens the door for Wilson.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He said Thompson, though. Going to be a bit longer for Wilson
I don't care what Archer says. It will ultimately be Wilson, and we will all profit.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom