2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Linehan was the main proponent in drafting Prescott
David Moore said this recently, too. Probably helped that Mullen used a modified version of his offense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's actually pretty damn cool.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
CNN's early mock [h=2]26. Dallas Cowboys: Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt[/h] Dallas got a few productive games from Blake Jarwin last season and lured Jason Witten out of retirement to return on a one-year deal (2019) in large part to help mentor the team’s young tight ends. The position group would get a significant upgrade with Pinkney, arguably the most complete tight end in this year’s class.

p1_

DCC 4Life
CNN's early mock [h=2]26. Dallas Cowboys: Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt[/h] Dallas got a few productive games from Blake Jarwin last season and lured Jason Witten out of retirement to return on a one-year deal (2019) in large part to help mentor the team’s young tight ends. The position group would get a significant upgrade with Pinkney, arguably the most complete tight end in this year’s class.
:lol never too early to talk draft.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Thats pretty damn cool

(I'm new here, looks like a lot of folks from Cowboys Universe forum are posting here, can I cuss and be obnoxious like I can over there?)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thats pretty damn cool

(I'm new here, looks like a lot of folks from Cowboys Universe forum are posting here, can I cuss and be obnoxious like I can over there?)
You can cuss and be even more obnoxious.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Parcells/Payton found and developed Romo, and Linehan was the main proponent in drafting Prescott, so there's that.
Seems like Linehan is getting an overly bad rap and everyone has forgotten how high he was on Dak, with how jeri runs that convoluted organization, who knows why Linehan called plays the way he did, might have had one or both hands tied behind his back or none at all and he really did suck, who knows

(What up dbair! Long time no see since your exodus from CU)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seems like Linehan is getting an overly bad rap and everyone has forgotten how high he was on Dak, with how jeri runs that convoluted organization, who knows why Linehan called plays the way he did, might have had one or both hands tied behind his back or none at all and he really did suck, who knows

(What up dbair! Long time no see since your exodus from CU)
Linehan got stale everywhere he went. Whether it be Minnesota, to the Rams, Detroit and finally Dallas.

I don't think he is getting a bad rap at all.

And if Prescott is a bullet point on his resume, you can credit guys like Wade Wilson as well. There is just as much, if not more, evidence to demonstrate he had a big role in targeting him.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Linehan got stale everywhere he went. Whether it be Minnesota, to the Rams, Detroit and finally Dallas.

I don't think he is getting a bad rap at all.

And if Prescott is a bullet point on his resume, you can credit guys like Wade Wilson as well. There is just as much, if not more, evidence to demonstrate he had a big role in targeting him.
could be, hell if I know, never followed Linehan prior to Dallas. Everything is so obfuscated with jeri et al, I don't trust what we hear but Wilson definitely deserves credit too if everything I've read about what transpired is correct

Is Linehan working anywhere?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
could be, hell if I know, never followed Linehan prior to Dallas. Everything is so obfuscated with jeri et al, I don't trust what we hear but Wilson definitely deserves credit too if everything I've read about what transpired is correct

Is Linehan working anywhere?
Booze can’t accept anything that indicates Wilson may have done anything positive with the Cowboys organization even though he has never offered anything definitive as to why he feels this way.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Booze can’t accept anything that indicates Wilson may have done anything positive with the Cowboys organization even though he has never offered anything definitive as to why he feels this way.
ah-oh, did I hit a nerve?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
ah-oh, did I hit a nerve?
No, not really. I have acknowledged Wilson a few times and was always met with negative commentary about Wilson. I just wanted to take this opportunity to lob a little grenade back the other way.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Everybody knew the number was going to be 15 AAV, there was just a bunch of horse shitting for a month before getting to that point. The interesting thing is that if you subtract the cap hits in the final 2 years of the deal (15.4 and 16.6), which come when Elliott would be 30/31 years old and will almost certainly never see since he can be cut with no associated dead money in either of those years, the extension is really 4/58, just $500,000 higher than the 4/57.5 Gurley got.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Thats pretty damn cool

Welcome to the DCC. Cuss to your heart's content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom