2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Two of the top 6 did so almost entirely under the Jason Garrett watch, but of course, he has absolutely nothing to do with that.

I'm so glad that the Cowboys and noted personnel idiot Jerry Jones have twice lucked into Hall of Fame talent that required absolutely zero coaching.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Two of the top 6 did so almost entirely under the Jason Garrett watch, but of course, he has absolutely nothing to do with that.

I'm so glad that the Cowboys and noted personnel idiot Jerry Jones have twice lucked into Hall of Fame talent that required absolutely zero coaching.
Must. Prop. Boyfriend.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:ballerina

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Must. Prop. Boyfriend.
It's important to note for when everyone is shitting on him for being worthless, that the reality is, he's not as bad as everyone says, they only just see what they want to see.

There very well may be a great argument to replace him after this season concludes that does rely on the fiction that he is a "bad" head coach or that he offers "nothing," to the team.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Parcells/Payton found and developed Romo, and Linehan was the main proponent in drafting Prescott, so there's that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Parcells/Payton found and developed Romo, and Linehan was the main proponent in drafting Prescott, so there's that.
Yeah, there's that.

Doesn't change or impact my point literally at all, but there is that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Dunno how he did it, but he turned non NFL talent into a career lasting till he turned 28 and pocketed some good money. Good for him. Should be no hard feelings on his end.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Actually they credit Wade Wilson more than anyone else for Dak Prescott ending up here.

Parcells and Payton certainly had a role in Romo's development, but he played far more under Garrett than either of those guys so there would have to be some involvement there in his development.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
There very well may be a great argument to replace him after this season .
There was very legit argument to fire him after the 2nd 8-8 season, and he certainly should have been shitcanned after the 3rd straight 8-8 season.

I do think he should get a little credit for helping build the roster because I do believe he has had some input in the scouting and eventually selecting of some prospects. I also think he deserves some credit for getting the team to play hard year over year. That said, he is an absolutely abysmal game day coach that has not been able to get the team over the hump. I hope that changes this year, but ultimately he could continue to be the undoing of the team.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Actually they credit Wade Wilson more than anyone else for Dak Prescott ending up here.

Parcells and Payton certainly had a role in Romo's development, but he played far more under Garrett than either of those guys so there would have to be some involvement there in his development.
Actually, Romo was the wild and unpredictable guy that people loved to bitch about when Garrett had control of the offense. The Romo that was playing more under control wasn't in the offense that Garrett was in charge of.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wade Wilson? He seems to be taboo on this site for some reason. Folks just had an automatic dislike for him but I never heard a reason why. It was just matter of fact with a lot. He wasn’t great but he was pretty solid and a person loyal to his team. Just a middle of the toad guy that caught some flak on this site.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Actually, Romo was the wild and unpredictable guy that people loved to bitch about when Garrett had control of the offense. The Romo that was playing more under control wasn't in the offense that Garrett was in charge of.
It wasn't just people, it was his own teammates. There were several times we saw reports of our own defensive players complaining about Romo audibling too much out of run calls. The only year when Romo seemed more "under control" was 2014 (which was a career yr for him) and Linehan was the OC, and Linehan was handpicked by Garrett and was running Garrett's offense. 2014 was also the monster year Murray had.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Wade Wilson? He seems to be taboo on this site for some reason. Folks just had an automatic dislike for him but I never heard a reason why. It was just matter of fact with a lot. He wasn’t great but he was pretty solid and a person loyal to his team. Just a middle of the toad guy that caught some flak on this site.
I guess people didn't like him because he couldn't take a bunch of flubs and turn them into all pro QB's. They all assumed he had nothing to do with developing Romo too, but no one really has any idea if that is true or not.

But supposedly he was the one guy there in the room that absolutely loved Dak Prescott leading up and during the draft.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
lostxn

Since you go to the games we expect you to post one with Jerry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom