2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ten years from now, nobody will remember Beasley.
Maybe so but the locals will. Ten years from now these same question will be bandied around and half that roll out their list will not even have seen one tenth of the Cowboys roster but will be voting for some of the same names as now but they will never have seen any of them play. It an old system of people relying on others descriptions and lore to perpetuate the pseudo legends and stories. It not unlike the novelist making hero’s out of the old west scalawag.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Of course this means nothing to Sheriff Goodell.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This is the first time I've seen his personality and heard him speak.

When he was a player I always assumed he was a player who didn't love football and only played the sport because he was pretty good at it. That commercial pretty much confirms my assessment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Just wow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Just wow.
I mean go big right?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's not man coverage, Sturm generally does a good job of breaking shit down for the layperson but he doesn't always know what he's talking about.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not man coverage, Sturm generally does a good job of breaking shit down for the layperson but he doesn't always know what he's talking about.
Looks like man to me. Why do you think it isn't? Man coverage is the reason the LBer had to line up outside like that.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Looked like man coverage with a single high safety, the safety just bit on the wrong route and the linebacker got embarrassed by the running back.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's man on the far side of the field but on the short side they're in zone based on the way the outside CB releases off the snap, the LB/CB are in a combo coverage based on the stacked RB/WR (or TE maybe, I can't tell if it's Witten or not since it's so fuzzy), so basically the field is split between man/zone. The LB looked like he anticipated it being a pick from the WR since it's such a tight alignment with so much space between them and the sideline, basically where Dunbar would run an out behind the releasing WR, so he overplayed inside leverage big time and got killed getting crossed up back over the middle. Ultimately all coverage becomes man at some point whether you're in man or zone because you have to cover the player in your zone, so it's really semantics I guess.

p1_

DCC 4Life

1bigfan13

Staff member
There's that built in excuse for Garrett.

We wore our "unlucky" blue jerseys half the season.

Contract extension imminent.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There's that built in excuse for Garrett.

We wore our "unlucky" blue jerseys half the season.

Contract extension imminent.
Garrett getting fired is just a pipedream anyway, there's zero chance he doesn't get an extension. Jerry knows he's too old to go through the training of another HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom