Smitty

DCC 4Life

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just got an alert from Bleacher Report that Prescott is asking for $40m????

Go F yourself.

https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1161011483473600514
That’s totally ridiculous. Where does he come off thinking he is top tier material. He is between 2 and 3. Pay him in that category because he doesn’t deserve what upper tiers are going for. Just because they get paid doesn’t mean he deserves the same just because he has a contract coming up. You don’t advance with the elite unless you are elite and there is no reasonable argument that says he is remotely on that level. He might get there but there is still a pretty wide gap to close.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah not sure I really believe that source. Or Dak's agent has gone off the rails. Either way at that amount of money I just use my franchise tag on Dak. No QB is getting 40 mil a year. And Dak certainly doesn't deserve that. Hell Dak would tell you he doesn't deserve that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
At this point 32 AAV would be my ceiling for him, Wilson just got 35 AAV like 2 months ago, if Prescott is asking for that or more they are literally insane. If they refuse to sign for ~32 a year I'd focus on Cooper/Elliott and just franchise him, I'd imagine the 2020 franchise number will be somewhere around 32-33 anyway, and if he plays like he did over the last half of 2018 this season and next you at least feel justified in giving him 35+ a year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
As an aside, this is what you get when you have a couple of good old country boys spouting off bullshit every time they have a mic in their face. I can guarantee you that if Dak Prescott played for the Tennessee Titans they wouldn't be asking for 40/year. When you're an owner with a reputation for being player-friendly, and then you exacerbate that by needlessly talking about how "Prescott deserves it as much as anybody" and "Elliott's deal starts at Gurley's and then we'll go from there", of course you're going to get agents with completely ridiculous negotiating positions.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

JFC

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Murray 62 and Zeke 35.....

:feedzeke

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just on that first page, how are Beasley and Miles Austin ahead of Novacek?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
as far as memorable receivers I don’t see Austin being ahead of Novacek but Beasley is more impressionable because of his size going against a head and shoulders bunch of defenders.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Beasley damn sure shouldn't be on there at all. Hell I'd put Laurent Robinson and his 1 good year ahead of him

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Beasley damn sure shouldn't be on there at all. Hell I'd put Laurent Robinson and his 1 good year ahead of him
I was under the impression this was a survey of most memorable players not necessarily the the best or most talented. But I could be wrong.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was under the impression this was a survey of most memorable players not necessarily the the best or most talented. But I could be wrong.
Ten years from now, nobody will remember Beasley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom