2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's your classic butthurt player that we didn't give him the money he wanted because he's way more important in his own mind.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's your classic butthurt player that we didn't give him the money he wanted because he's way more important in his own mind.
Yeah in his mind he was our #1 receiver and wanted paid like it. Truth is he was a good slot receiver but nothing more.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
August 11, 2019 @ 11:11am » Matt Hladik [h=1]NFL Insider Has Telling Update On Dak Prescott, Cowboys[/h]
The Dallas Cowboys are inundated with contract decisions involving three of their top players, including starting quarterback Dak Prescott.

Prescott and wide receiver Amari Cooper’s current contracts expire after this season. Running back Ezekiel Elliott is signed through 2020, but is holding out in hopes of a newer, long-term deal.

As for Prescott, well, the odds of Dallas getting any sort of hometown discount on their onetime fourth-round pick seem slim. Reports indicate he wants to be one of the highest-paid at his position.

The Athletic’s Mike Lombardi tweeted this morning that he has heard Prescott has already turned down a contract worth $30 million per season.

Currently, five quarterbacks make $30 million or more per season: Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan. Wentz just signed this offseason for $32 million per year.

It is tough to argue with Prescott wanting to be paid as much as possible. His logic is simple: if I’m a franchise quarterback and the guy you believe in, pay me like one.

It will be fascinating to see if Dallas eventually ponies up and gives Prescott a mega-deal. They have some time to make a decision.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Make the call, Jerry.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Welp. There goes the season.

I don't think I have seen that many blue jersey games in one season before.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
August 11, 2019 @ 11:11am » Matt Hladik [h=1]NFL Insider Has Telling Update On Dak Prescott, Cowboys[/h]
The Dallas Cowboys are inundated with contract decisions involving three of their top players, including starting quarterback Dak Prescott.

Prescott and wide receiver Amari Cooper’s current contracts expire after this season. Running back Ezekiel Elliott is signed through 2020, but is holding out in hopes of a newer, long-term deal.

As for Prescott, well, the odds of Dallas getting any sort of hometown discount on their onetime fourth-round pick seem slim. Reports indicate he wants to be one of the highest-paid at his position.

The Athletic’s Mike Lombardi tweeted this morning that he has heard Prescott has already turned down a contract worth $30 million per season.

Currently, five quarterbacks make $30 million or more per season: Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan. Wentz just signed this offseason for $32 million per year.

It is tough to argue with Prescott wanting to be paid as much as possible. His logic is simple: if I’m a franchise quarterback and the guy you believe in, pay me like one.

It will be fascinating to see if Dallas eventually ponies up and gives Prescott a mega-deal. They have some time to make a decision.
Let him play out the season then trade him when they don't win a Super Bowl.

Or trade him now. F it.

Paying this guy the moon is a bad idea.

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

I see clear improvement in the feet. Good news.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom