2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Did I lose your respect, amigo?
Nah, there's only one UTH.

I'd let you punch me in the face if I lost a friendly bet any day.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nah, there's only one UTH.

I'd let you punch me in the face if I lost a friendly bet any day.
I knew nothing could ever threaten our BFF status. :towel

Cotton

Staff member

Can someone please translate this for me?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

i think he is saying feel good but means having confidence in the team. Frankly there has never been a time in the entire history of the Dallas Cowboys where there were not some apprehensions about a great deal of the games that were played. Even in the times when a team could be dominant before the parity movement, there were no rest on your laurels comfort zone. The years of the championship teams were the most enjoyable but never was there a season when you could say it was a breeze.

So as to your question I think he must think that the dominant times were the teams performances that allowed him to feel somewhat relaxed with some games but for me there is always a feeling of apprehension when the Dallas Cowboys season was started and stayed there until the season was over.

Cotton

Staff member
i think he is saying feel good but means having confidence in the team. Frankly there has never been a time in the entire history of the Dallas Cowboys where there were not some apprehensions about a great deal of the games that were played. Even in the times when a team could be dominant before the parity movement, there were no rest on your laurels comfort zone. The years of the championship teams were the most enjoyable but never was there a season when you could say it was a breeze.

So as to your question I think he must think that the dominant times were the teams performances that allowed him to feel somewhat relaxed with some games but for me there is always a feeling of apprehension when the Dallas Cowboys season was started and stayed there until the season was over.
Could someone please translate this for me?

deadrise

DCC 4Life

Here goes:

Jerry is trying to say that he can't describe, can't quite pin down, what he feels when he feels good about a particular team.

Secondly, there have been times when the media didn't feel good about a particular team but Jerry did.

So he may feel differently than the media about a particular team, and that's in the "eye of the beholder."

And I don't know what he means by the rest of it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Feel like this team SHOULD be 3-0 to open the season. And certainly 4 of the first 6 are very, very winnable.

Can we be 5-1 by beating one of either Green Bay or New Orleans?

Cotton

Staff member
Michael Gallup: Kellen, he just, he’s showing a whole different way for everybody. He’s trying to change things up, put people in different spots. He’s trying to let Dak throw the deep ball because Dak wants to throw the deep ball. Kellen coming in here, he’s a younger guy just like us, so he’s thinking the same way we are. He wants to take the big shots, have a fun game.
[HR][/HR]
I love reading stuff like this. Please let it carry over onto the field in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom