2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, I was a little too young for 92 although I was at the 2005 MNF game in Dallas with the 2 Moss TD's in the last 3 minutes or whatever, so how about that shit sandwich?
Fuck that.

What an absolutely miserable experience that must have been.

This was back when the Cowboys were still a big part of my life, so I had trouble sleeping that whole night.

If it makes you feel any better, I've seen the Cowboys play in person over 30 times and I've never seen them lose even once.

:art

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm bored at work with 13 minutes to go so why not?

Here are my 3 worst losses since the turn of the century (In order):

1. 2011 vs Giants the JPP game

2. 2006 playoff game vs Seattle

3. 2005 Redskins debacle

The 2011 Giants game broke me. That was the start of me making a concerted effort to stop caring so much and the rest is history.

I was beyond furious after that loss. I just think it was too many years of mediocrity and too many epic choking losses. By this time, the Cowboys had mastered the art of the epic loss, and I think I had just had enough of it.

Rev

I still remember you saying after Dez scored "Feels good to finally beat the Giants" to which I replied, "What? This is the Cowboys we're talking about. If anyone could still blow this, it's them"

Good times.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm bored at work with 13 minutes to go so why not?

Here are my 3 worst losses since the turn of the century (In order):

1. 2011 vs Giants the JPP game

2. 2006 playoff game vs Seattle

3. 2005 Redskins debacle

The 2011 Giants game broke me. That was the start of me making a concerted effort to stop caring so much and the rest is history.

I was beyond furious after that loss. I just think it was too many years of mediocrity and too many epic choking losses. By this time, the Cowboys had mastered the art of the epic loss, and I think I had just had enough of it.

Rev

I still remember you saying after Dez scored "Feels good to finally beat the Giants" to which I replied, "What? This is the Cowboys we're talking about. If anyone could still blow this, it's them"

Good times.
well that makes one of us remembering that game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
well that makes one of us remembering that game.
The shitty losses have made you numb.

I think he is talking about this game.

Totally blew a decent enough lead. A 12 point lead with less than four minutes left.

Then Austin lost the ball in the lights. McBriar had a shitty punt and there you go.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Totally blew a decent enough lead. A 12 point lead with less than four minutes left.

Then Austin lost the ball in the lights. McBriar had a shitty punt and there you go.
Yeaaaa, Romo also drove us down for a last second FG attempt which JPP blocked. It was long, somewhere around 50 I think but still.

That game was especially horrendous because it would've damn near clinched the division for us. We were in control most of the game and then the defense just choked it away with one ill-timed misfire from Romo/Austin. Then the Giants went on to miraculously win the Super Bowl when they never should've even made the playoffs.

I mean, the last 2 playoff losses to the Packers are definitely the worst losses for me because of the stakes and the heart-breaking nature, but if we're just talking regular season games that 2011 Giants game is up there.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fuck that.

What an absolutely miserable experience that must have been.

This was back when the Cowboys were still a big part of my life, so I had trouble sleeping that whole night.

If it makes you feel any better, I've seen the Cowboys play in person over 30 times and I've never seen them lose even once.

:art
You should go to more games then.

I've probably seen more wins than losses though, I'm probably somewhere around like 14-8 or so if I had to guess, but that 2005 one sticks out as the most memorable. Most memorable win would be probably the Packers in 2007 when both teams were like 10-1 or the Seahawks playoff game last year. Maybe the Redskins ass-whipping in the snow in 2003 that clinched a playoff berth where Hambrick went off for like 200.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeaaaa, Romo also drove us down for a last second FG attempt which JPP blocked. It was long, somewhere around 50 I think but still.

That game was especially horrendous because it would've damn near clinched the division for us. We were in control most of the game and then the defense just choked it away with one ill-timed misfire from Romo/Austin. Then the Giants went on to miraculously win the Super Bowl when they never should've even made the playoffs.

I mean, the last 2 playoff losses to the Packers are definitely the worst losses for me because of the stakes and the heart-breaking nature, but if we're just talking regular season games that 2011 Giants game is up there.
That game only meant something to the Giants because Garrett iced his own kicker several weeks earlier in a loss to the Cardinals IIRC.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That game only meant something to the Giants because Garrett iced his own kicker several weeks earlier in a loss to the Cardinals IIRC.
I just looked up the play by play of that Cardinals game. We had a 1st and 10 at the Arizona 31 with about 25 seconds left and 2 timeouts and the clock running. Instead of calling a timeout and running a play or two to pick up an extra 5-10 yards Garrett froze and just let the clock run out basically, Romo spiked it, then they called a timeout for some inexplicable reason with the clock already stopped.

It's shit like that that we've seen several times over the years that makes me certain that we won't win shit with Garrett no matter how talented the team is, and it's why I'd have fired him probably 3 times over at this point.

Cotton

Staff member
I can't pinpoint just one game that broke me (if I'm truly even broken still. I mean I do own half a Cowboys message board) but it was 2009 when I lost my shit with Jerry Jones and started CFR. It wasn't just one game. I teetered back and forth between hating the team and being a homer, and when that season ended I had had enough. I remember those years of being ridiculed by homer boards like the Zone and such where Jerry could do nothing but shit rainbows. It was a dark time in my life. :lol

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes, and that was a big part of why that loss to the Giants made me blow a gasket.

It was honestly years in the making, but 2011 is right up there with 2005 as my most frustrating season as a fan.

2011 was an excruciating season and the way the season started should have served as a sign of what was to come.

2011 started with that awful loss to the Jets where we led and were in control for 90% of the game only to blow it in the end (something that became all too familiar in the Tony Romo era).

Romo's fumble at 1 yard line, the blocked punt for a TD, the telegraphed INT to Revis that setup the winning FG, etc. That loss was just awful.

But to make it worse, just 2 weeks later we would blow the largest lead in Cowboys history (24) by allowing the Lions to score 31 2nd half points including back to back pick sixes. It was yet another in the many epic choke jobs we saw in that time.

Then came the freezing your own kicker debacle, and a week later came that gut-wrencher vs the Giants.

That loss just came after too many frustrating seasons and too many they-can't-possibly-lose-this types of losses.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I bet he's called Jerry as well.

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Dallas Cowboys Triplets Rankings, Offensive arsenal Rankings, And How To Score More![/h]

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yea, I was a little too young for 92 although I was at the 2005 MNF game in Dallas with the 2 Moss TD's in the last 3 minutes or whatever, so how about that shit sandwich?
I was at that game. It was a long, quiet drive back to Ft. Hood that night.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was at that game. It was a long, quiet drive back to Ft. Hood that night.
Moss hung an embarrassment game around the neck of The Cowboys every time he came to Dallas. That was the most consistent thing that happened to Dallas in the years they were scheduled to meet Minnesota.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Moss hung an embarrassment game around the neck of The Cowboys every time he came to Dallas. That was the most consistent thing that happened to Dallas in the years they were scheduled to meet Minnesota.
Wrong Moss.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Damn, I'd totally forgotten about that game.

So funny, the play after 1:21 is where the gif of Jerry (and Stephen) saying, "Time out, Jason!" from the booth came from. Jerry's Redheaded Son wasted 15 full seconds after that play down to the two. With those seconds, maybe you have a shorter FG and it never comes down to that block.

But hey, he went to Princeton so he must be super smart.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Get ready for Father Jerry to save another lost soul. :picard

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom