2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I saw an article saying that the time is right for the Cowboys to trade Dak. Potentially to TN or TB for their QB and a first rounder or 2.

If TN offered Mariota and a first, would you?
Mariota sucks, so hell no.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I personally don’t think Mariota is near Dak. I think the intangibles make Dak a winner. We just have to wait and see if that is enough to let him become a great Quarterback or if he will just be good. I was stunned that anyone would suggest it but interested to hear other’s views. The article suggested a trade for a “starting” quarterback and potentially two first rounders. I’m intrigued enough by Dak to pay him and see what happens but some people aren’t. If his agent is demanding he be the highest paid quarterback does that change the equation?

It’s the off season. Have to talk about something.
If he demands to be the highest paid QB, there's little incentive to sign him early. Let him finish his contract out, then franchise him, maybe even franchise him twice.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak’s a scorer not a shooter. He wills shit to happen more than he’s a great passer.

That can work when the D and running game are superior, but eventually you need your QB to be a force multiplier who can consistently deliver the ball to playmakers all over the field.

Maybe with better receiving targets and a new OC we’ll see that change and finally get the best of both.

It took Troy and Russell Wilson each over three years to become great passers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
there seems to be an echo in here.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
there seems to be an echo in here.
Must just be that good!

I do hope to see more of that this year. Gallup is going to get almost all one on ones with Cooper on the other side and Zeke in the backfield. So any time he is manned up if the coverage is right you might as well test a defense deep. One on one deep balls rarely end badly. Most of the time the worst case is an incomplete. And often times you will either get a PI or a completion for a lot of yards.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol
Fuck you.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is why he needs to run by design much more than he does.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
this should be part of the new offense, so to speak.
As long as it doesn’t interfere with his becoming a better passer.

No NFL offense should be built around the fucking QB running the god damned football.

The greatest QB’s of all time are known for NOT RUNNING THE GOD DAMNED FOOTBALL.

It’s at best a short termed cop out for not being able to run the ball or a gimmick to shake things up at a key juncture.

NOT something to BUILD around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom