2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Bobby Belt sounds like he has to turn sideways to fit through normal-sized doorways.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Does Belt make a good point though? Just wondering.
I know Dak has put up the W's and he's a hard worker and good leader. I get it. And yes, someone would grab him quickly if we let him walk. Not to mention we have no other option.
But do we really want to bet the family farm on the next six years that he is our guy? It's inevitable, but is it wise?
​​

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I saw an article saying that the time is right for the Cowboys to trade Dak. Potentially to TN or TB for their QB and a first rounder or 2.

If TN offered Mariota and a first, would you?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I saw an article saying that the time is right for the Cowboys to trade Dak. Potentially to TN or TB for their QB and a first rounder or 2.

What exactly have you seen from Mariota that makes you think he's better than Dak?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

You take the better QB every day of the week. That would be a silly trade. The first rounder isn't going to make up for a sub par QB talent like Mariota or Winston. I'll take winning over a QB we will want to replace in a year or two.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
What exactly have you seen from Mariota that makes you think he's better than Dak?
I personally don’t think Mariota is near Dak. I think the intangibles make Dak a winner. We just have to wait and see if that is enough to let him become a great Quarterback or if he will just be good. I was stunned that anyone would suggest it but interested to hear other’s views. The article suggested a trade for a “starting” quarterback and potentially two first rounders. I’m intrigued enough by Dak to pay him and see what happens but some people aren’t. If his agent is demanding he be the highest paid quarterback does that change the equation?

It’s the off season. Have to talk about something.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I, personally, would not. Dak is three times the QB with way more potential still yet untapped. Mariota has already hit his ceiling and that ceiling ain't all that high. So, one first rounder isn't enough to trade off a potential franchise QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I, personally, would not. Dak is three times the QB with way more potential still yet untapped. Mariota has already hit his ceiling and that ceiling ain't all that high. So, one first rounder isn't enough to trade off a potential franchise QB.
What you're really talking about is draft picks. Because a subpar NFL starting QB gets you nowhere so they will need to be replaced. I don't see the point in including a QB who isn't very good in a trade. You might as well trade Dak for picks straight up and tank.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Really???
i don’t follow TN, but last I heard Mariota seemed to be considered very even with Dak. I don’t know what the Contracts look like, but a 20 million a year Mariota plus 2 firsts vs a 35 million Dak is something I would definitely consider. Worst case next year you trade both those firsts and yours for one of the hot QB’s coming out and Mariota for whatever and you’ve got your franchise QB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Really???
i don’t follow TN, but last I heard Mariota seemed to be considered very even with Dak. I don’t know what the Contracts look like, but a 20 million a year Mariota plus 2 firsts vs a 35 million Dak is something I would definitely consider. Worst case next year you trade both those firsts and yours for one of the hot QB’s coming out and Mariota for whatever and you’ve got your franchise QB.
It was just 1 first.

Mariota is just blah and cant stay healthy. I dont think they are even at all and I dont think the consensus thinks so either considering they would have to add in a premium draft pick.

Cotton

Staff member
Really???
I would consider 2 1sts, as well, but that wasn’t what was proposed. I still probably wouldn’t take 2 firsts, but I would consider it. Mariota isn’t anywhere near Dak’s talent level and I don’t think Dak has even maxed out yet. I believe Mariota is as good as he will ever get.

Cotton

Staff member
It was just 1 first.

Mariota is just blah and cant stay healthy. I dont think they are even at all and I dont think the consensus thinks so either considering they would have to add in a premium draft pick.
The consensus absolutely does not have them on the same level.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really???
Yeah not sure in what way they could be considered even. Dak trumps him at basically everything.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If (when) gets canned, the assumption is Jones either promotes Richard or Moore or goes after Payton with draft picks.

But lookiee here..

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Cowboys Should Trade Dak Prescott? You Gotta Be Kidding Me[/h]

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton