2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
you gotta wonder how long he can stay so hot with the talent evals. Its ridiculously better than before he got here. Even insane Jerry would probably admit that much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
you gotta wonder how long he can stay so hot with the talent evals. Its ridiculously better than before he got here. Even insane Jerry would probably admit that much.
Yeah he really has done an excellent job in the draft. Some luck is obviously involved but part of it is just having a really good strategy to what you do and evaluating players really well. I think he does those two things pretty damn well. No GM hits on every pick but he has hit on more than most. And honestly with less draft capital than a lot of teams. Dallas does not do a good job of adding draft picks. The best we can hope for is a comp pick or two.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Interesting, I thought Frederick would be 240 and struggling to bench 185 by how some people here talk.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting, I thought Frederick would be 240 and struggling to bench 185 by how some people here talk.
Yeah he is going to participate in OTAs and everything this offseason. So I'm not sure where all the concerns of PUP come from.

Cotton

Staff member
You know how the sky falls on this board sometimes.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'm still a little skeptical but maybe Moore is some kind of boy wonder OC. I sure hope so, it would be refreshing.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm fine giving Prescott about 28 a year. I mean, it's not great but Cousins got 28, Garoppolo got 27.5 and Stafford got 27 a few years ago. Prescott deserves to be paid along with those guys. More convincingly, if you adjust the deal Newton got in 2015 for the inflation in the cap you'd have a deal averaging just over 27 a year. He shouldn't be getting 30, and I'd rather wait it out a bit longer until maybe October or so to see how he looks over the first half of the season, but the going rate is going to be 28-29 a year and you either pay it or you don't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm fine giving Prescott about 28 a year. I mean, it's not great but Cousins got 28, Garoppolo got 27.5 and Stafford got 27 a few years ago.
It is pretty much inevitable. Not concerned about it mainly because it is going to happen; no need to bitch about it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amari Cooper is a big deal but I guess we could franchise tag him if needed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Being able to franchise Amari is probably the number one reason to get Dak done sooner rather than later. Aside from that I'd be perfectly fine waiting Dak out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom