Mere Commoner
:jerk

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:picard

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah I really like Dak but why trade Russell for someone that you're hoping could be as good as Russell? It's not like Dak has a bunch of years left on his contract for cheap where cap numbers could justify it.
I think it should be a 'no' on both sides. Wilson fits them. Veteran, experienced, accomplished. They shouldn't want to downgrade at QB and Wilson is still in his prime.

On ther hand, Dak fits us better than Wilson does. Younger, cheaper and growing.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Am I in the twilight zone or something? Was genghis not one of the most ardent Dak bashers on the board about 6-8 months ago? And now he doesn't want to trade him for Wilson? I'm a pretty big believer in Dak but a 26 year old Dak for a 31 year old Wilson straight up is a no brainer.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Am I in the twilight zone or something? Was genghis not one of the most ardent Dak bashers on the board about 6-8 months ago? And now he doesn't want to trade him for Wilson? I'm a pretty big believer in Dak but a 26 year old Dak for a 31 year old Wilson straight up is a no brainer.
Yeah, I mean, I think I say yes.

I assume the Seahawks say no.

This was posed, though, with the news yesterday that Seattle might not be able to reach an agreement with Wilson and he might be holding out. The thought was, Wilson is the better player, so would they risk pissing him off/losing him, when they could flip him for Prescott, at least an established starter? And then Dallas can give the "through the moon" contract to an established Super Bowl winner?

But it's all moot now.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Because the previous four slogans were so effective. :picard

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think "basher" is too strong. I've been critical of him certainly, but I of course don't think it's been unwarranted. I also give him credit when I see it. He was much better the 2nd half of last year. And he does seem to have that clutch gene.

Anyway, I do think Wilson is better but Dak is much younger so that keeps our window open a lot longer. Also, I think Dak's contract will end up being a good bit cheaper and that gives us more ability to field a team around our QB. I don't think either player can carry an offense so the ability to pay guys like Cooper and Zeke and an offensive line is vital. I don't think Wilson is so much better than Dak that the tradeoff for the age and contract is worth it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think Wilson is so much better than Dak that the tradeoff for the age and contract is worth it.
Man... I do. Wilson is always underrated. There isn't much to work with on that offense.

And I for one bet Dak's contract isn't *that* far behind Wilson's. Dak has all the leverage here and he and his people know it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Wilson is a sure thing.

The only thing that matters is this narrow window of talent the Cowboys have managed to accumulate over the last nine years or so.

Dak might be able to win multiple playoff games, but Russell Wilson absolutely could.

But that’s all hypothetical.

We are all in on Dak at this point. Anyone who thinks otherwise or that there are other options is fooling themselves.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think "basher" is too strong. I've been critical of him certainly, but I of course don't think it's been unwarranted. I also give him credit when I see it. He was much better the 2nd half of last year. And he does seem to have that clutch gene.

Anyway, I do think Wilson is better but Dak is much younger so that keeps our window open a lot longer. Also, I think Dak's contract will end up being a good bit cheaper and that gives us more ability to field a team around our QB. I don't think either player can carry an offense so the ability to pay guys like Cooper and Zeke and an offensive line is vital. I don't think Wilson is so much better than Dak that the tradeoff for the age and contract is worth it.
Perhaps, although I think Wilson at his age can still give you another 5-7 elite years, and he'd give us a better chance at a Super Bowl while guys like Jaylon, LVE, Elliott, Awuzie and Gallup are still on their rookie deals. To me I'd rather roll the dice on that than whatever Dak might be able to give us between ages 33-36 in about 7-10 years, which is the window we'd be getting beyond what Wilson could give us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just coach the damn team red headed jackass and quit with all the lipstick on a pig shit.
Who cares, I don't see any problem with this sort of thing. Just trying to keep the players motivated during the slow part of the season. I hate Garrett for many reasons but there is nothing wrong with this sort of stuff. People just hate Garrett but you don't automatically have to hate everything he does.

I agree to an extent but the last few years or so time was spent on this and it never seemed to motivate the coaches to change. That is the biggest problem and it seems to me the coaches always ignore the obvious and try to cover it up with BS slogans!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree to an extent but the last few years or so time was spent on this and it never seemed to motivate the coaches to change. That is the biggest problem and it seems to me the coaches always ignore the obvious and try to cover it up with BS slogans!
The players aren't the problem though. We are winning. So the slogans probably aren't the problem. Poor coaching on game day is the problem.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Poor coaching on game day is the problem.
Not to mention poor preparation, bad teaching at the offensive skill positions, predictable game planning, uninspired play design, and smoke and mirrors in the defensive interior— BY DESIGN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom