2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Garrett might be a stiff, but I don't think he is a racist.

Unless you are an immature pothead who has to have a babysitter to get him to meetings on time, follow directions and so forth.
Good lord.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Irving actually said definitively that Garrett wasn't racist in literally the next sentence in that interview. His basic point was that Garrett is awkward and unrelatable, which I think anybody here could've told you just from viewing Garrett from afar.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Irving actually said definitively that Garrett wasn't racist in literally the next sentence in that interview. His basic point was that Garrett is awkward and unrelatable, which I think anybody here could've told you just from viewing Garrett from afar.
I mean can anyone really relate to a robot?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Ever wonder why nobody takes any of your arguments seriously? When you start out with stuff like 'Fuck legality', that should be your first clue. The fact is, it is still illegal in a lot of places, and as such, will be enforced. Until then, whether we like it or not, those laws have to be followed.

I think weed should be legal, too. But I always laugh when people try to use the "It's only a plant" excuse.

Cocain comes from a plant, too. So does heroin.

There are plenty of reasons why it should be legal. But throwing out "It's only a plant" is lazy and stupid.
To be fair, both cocaine and heroin come from a plant, but need to be processed. You can have poppy seeds and coca leaves without being arrested.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well that doesnt get as many clicks...

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That’s exactly the point. It’s illegal,! That shouldn’t be a very hard concept. What is more difficult to understand is the complaint that the law seems to be wrong so opinion should prevail. That opens the door to all kinds of conflicting rhetotic. Again the law is clear. What is muddled is trying to make a case of how it should be. Maybe in time the law will change but until then it’s illegal in some states and in the NFL it’s a violation of the rules. That’s not a difficult concept.
I've heard of many instances where police officers let pot slide, so part of the problem is exactly that, there is no consistency and general consensus seems to be towards it not being a big deal. Seems many cops treat it like jaywalking while some treat it as attempted murder.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've heard of many instances where police officers let pot slide, so part of the problem is exactly that, there is no consistency and general consensus seems to be towards it not being a big deal. Seems many cops treat it like jaywalking while some treat it as attempted murder.
Maybe so but the NFL treats pot as if it were a leathal disease. As long as this is the case it’s of no consequence how the various police departments deal with it. The NFL says no weed and seems to hold a pretty firm line on it. This is after all the point that is important as far as player futures are concerned.

p1_

DCC 4Life
the law in Dallas: Possession of 2 oz or less , Penalty: Misdemeanor, Fine: $ 2,000

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Maybe so but the NFL treats pot as if it were a leathal disease. As long as this is the case it’s of no consequence how the various police departments deal with it. The NFL says no weed and seems to hold a pretty firm line on it. This is after all the point that is important as far as player futures are concerned.
My post was regarding the non-chalant way he smoked pot out in public, like many do now, instead of in the "safety" of his home. Had he encountered cops that had told him to put it out or go smoke someplace private the NFL would never have heard of it. Was it dumb, YES, but not surprisingly so given the way things are now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
the law in Dallas: Possession of 2 oz or less , Penalty: Misdemeanor, Fine: $ 2,000
I assume that's the max fine? Otherwise that would be an insane amount. The smart pothead smokes at home. The vast majority of people I encounter get busted because they are smoking in their car. That's in my opinion the dumbest place to smoke.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
In Indiana that would be a class D felony(Anything over an ounce). In some areas it would be possession with intent to distribute.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I don't know what this guy has been doing the last couple years in the league, but I liked him during the '17 draft.

Nice size. Maybe Richard can get something out of him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't know what this guy has been doing the last couple years in the league, but I liked him during the '17 draft.

Nice size. Maybe Richard can get something out of him.
I agree, size, speed and was very productive in college. Only 2 years in the NFL so I think the potential is still there. I'm curious to see what Richard can do for his career as well. And if he can't do anything with him than who cares. Corner isn't really a need right now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I haven't seen the rumors about Anthony Brown.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I haven't seen the rumors about Anthony Brown.
Neither have I but I probably suspect it's because he will be a FA. With the other big contracts coming I assume he will be a salary cap casualty.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Neither have I but I probably suspect it's because he will be a FA. With the other big contracts coming I assume he will be a salary cap casualty.
Yeah I mean I doubt he will get an extension. Not because he sucks but because you can't resign everyone and fit under the cap. So you let guys like Brown go.

p1_

DCC 4Life
In Indiana that would be a class D felony(Anything over an ounce). In some areas it would be possession with intent to distribute.
interesting, as Illinois is so close to legalization.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
interesting, as Illinois is so close to legalization.
Yeah Missouri has gone to medical marijuana. Plus for under 16 grams it's a class D misd which is only a fine-able offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom