2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Anyway you look at it, it's pretty damn dense to be smoking it in a public park regardless of the time of day. If you're going to toke, be smart enough to do it at home. I didn't watch the whole thing, did he blurt out the good ole "I play football in the NFL for Dallas."?
The fact is that the cops would much rather arrest an easy mark for a victimless crime, than tackle a real criminal that most of them are scared shitless of.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The fact is that the cops would much rather arrest an easy mark for a victimless crime, than tackle a real criminal that most of them are scared shitless of.
I don't disagree but if it's illegal where you live, it's illegal. I smoked it when I was younger but never out in public.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
AA
Anyway you look at it, it's pretty damn dense to be smoking it in a public park regardless of the time of day. If you're going to toke, be smart enough to do it at home. I didn't watch the whole thing, did he blurt out the good ole "I play football in the NFL for Dallas."?
Yeah, how dumb can you be to go public on something that is illegal where you are residing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cops' jobs are to enforce all the laws, not just the ones you want to cherry pick.

p1_

DCC 4Life
TMZ led the same damn way!

Here's video of Dallas Cowboys tight end Rico Gathers being put in cuffs and getting hauled off to jail for quietly enjoying an evening blunt with his friend in a park.

For real.

Umm, it's illegal in Texas. Of course he went to jail. They are writing these stories like he is some innocent dude that was doing nothing wrong.
I think that reflects a change in public perception of weed. It’s no longer seen as this horrible, evil drug. That’s because it’s not; slowly but surely the perception is coming into line with reality. Aside from the law which varies from state to state.

Cotton

Staff member
I think that reflects a change in public perception of weed. It’s no longer seen as this horrible, evil drug. That’s because it’s not; slowly but surely the perception is coming into line with reality. Aside from the law which varies from state to state.
Hell, I don't mind the perception. I think it should be legal, but to tout this activity like he is doing nothing wrong is dishonest and misleading.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hell, I don't mind the perception. I think it should be legal, but to tout this activity like he is doing nothing wrong is dishonest and misleading.
So which is worse? Crawford brawling or peacefully smoking weed. One guy got arrested and the other didn't. Seems sort of silly.

Cotton

Staff member
So which is worse? Crawford brawling or peacefully smoking weed. One guy got arrested and the other didn't. Seems sort of silly.
One has nothing to do with the other. The point remains he was knowingly doing something illegal.

Cotton

Staff member
The point is laws are always selectively enforced
Not sure why I let the lawyer draw me away from my original point, but back to it. They reported it like he was doing nothing wrong, and he was not.

Cotton

Staff member
Because laws are needed to protect people. Murder, theft, ect....

Laws are not needed to regulate a plant, therefore to me, it is invalid. It hurts no one.
If you're saying it should be legal, then I agree with you. If you say just because you don't agree with the law it should be ignored, you are a dumbass just like Gathers.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If you're saying it should be legal, then I agree with you. If you say just because you don't agree with the law it should be ignored, you are a dumbass just like Gathers.
this is how bipo sees black athletes who flout weed laws. we must fight this injustice!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck legality when it comes to something as trivial as sitting around smoking a plant.
Ever wonder why nobody takes any of your arguments seriously? When you start out with stuff like 'Fuck legality', that should be your first clue. The fact is, it is still illegal in a lot of places, and as such, will be enforced. Until then, whether we like it or not, those laws have to be followed.

I think weed should be legal, too. But I always laugh when people try to use the "It's only a plant" excuse.

Cocain comes from a plant, too. So does heroin.

There are plenty of reasons why it should be legal. But throwing out "It's only a plant" is lazy and stupid.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Garrett might be a stiff, but I don't think he is a racist.

Unless you are an immature pothead who has to have a babysitter to get him to meetings on time, follow directions and so forth.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Garrett might be a stiff, but I don't think he is a racist.

Unless you are an immature pothead who has to have a babysitter to get him to meetings on time, follow directions and so forth.
race card? really? pshh...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
One has nothing to do with the other. The point remains he was knowingly doing something illegal.
That’s exactly the point. It’s illegal,! That shouldn’t be a very hard concept. What is more difficult to understand is the complaint that the law seems to be wrong so opinion should prevail. That opens the door to all kinds of conflicting rhetotic. Again the law is clear. What is muddled is trying to make a case of how it should be. Maybe in time the law will change but until then it’s illegal in some states and in the NFL it’s a violation of the rules. That’s not a difficult concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom