2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Well, it certainly helps not to have to play a road game on four days' rest.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
GTFO of here with this nonsense. It's not like we get more home games than other teams. Plus, we have to play on a short week. This is dumb.
Yeah... besides, the Cowboys have that deal w/ the Salvation Army to "kickoff" their annual fund raising drive every year. The NFL is not gonna mess with that.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Well, it certainly helps not to have to play a road game on four days' rest.
I always thought that was the point. Didn't the team promise to play every Thanksgiving provided it was a home game? no one else wanted to play on the holiday. Now that everyone plays on Thursdays and the league has become further profit driven the other owners want a piece of it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I always thought that was the point. Didn't the team promise to play every Thanksgiving provided it was a home game? no one else wanted to play on the holiday. Now that everyone plays on Thursdays and the league has become further profit driven the other owners want a piece of it.
This happened in the 70's and the 90's and again now.

They even took the game from Dallas in the 70's, the ratings bombed, and they just about immediately restored it.

In the 1990's the Lions went so far to say they didn't want to get caught in the Dallas hate and asked for the league to leave their tradition alone.

I guess every 20 years or so someone's got to make a stink.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
He's got time between now and TC to add more bulk, too if he wants.
He's off to a good start. That should put him close to 310. 315 of lean muscle would be pretty dang good. Especially if he retains that mobility.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
[h=1]This is Jason Garrett's last year in Dallas[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom