2019 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Foles holds all the cards here. If the Eagles get cute and franchise him, he can sign it right away, put them on the hook for $25M or he can refuse to sign and hold their cap hostage since they have to clear the space to extend the tag.
Foles already paid a buyout to void his option year. They can still tag him but it's pretty clear he wants out.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...delphia-eagles

DLK150

DCC 4Life
[h=1]Couldn't get this to format properly...
Dallas Cowboys trends show playoff repeat unlikely
[/h] [h=3]NFC EAST ‘NO REPEAT’ CLAUSE[/h] There’s no rule stating the defending NFC East champion can’t win a consecutive title, but it sure seems like it. The last team to do so was the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004.

Since 2004, NFC East Champions are 0-14 in bids to defend their crown the next season. The last time Dallas repeated as champion was way back in 1996 (fifth straight title). Since they’ve gone 0-5 when facing the opportunity to remain on top. [h=3]NO TITLE, FEW PLAYOFF TRIPS

The last time Dallas made the playoffs without winning their division was 2006, several seasons before Jason Garrett became head coach in 2010.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/02/07/dallas-cowboys-playoff-repeat-unlikely/[/h]

p1_

DCC 4Life
i wonder who owns the Dallas franchise.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Foles holds all the cards here. If the Eagles get cute and franchise him, he can sign it right away, put them on the hook for $25M or he can refuse to sign and hold their cap hostage since they have to clear the space to extend the tag.
Which is exactly what I hope he does.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I liked what Gallup brought to the table, but I am not convinced that we don't need even more talent at the position.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn. Talk about encouraging a young staff to do the run-around on their head coach....

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I liked what Gallup brought to the table, but I am not convinced that we don't need even more talent at the position.
I think part of it is the role he is playing in the offense. He doesn't get a lot of the easy pitch and catches. He gets more of the deep balls and lower percentage throws.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I think we do. We're gonna draft an TE, but I think we also grab another Ced Wilson ish type.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think we do. We're gonna draft an TE, but I think we also grab another Ced Wilson ish type.
If we draft a WR higher than the 5th I am not going to be happy, unless it is some gem that magically fell and we grab him as a steal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we draft a WR higher than the 5th I am not going to be happy, unless it is some gem that magically fell and we grab him as a steal.
If it's a stud slot receiver I'd be ok. Otherwise I'm with you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, assume Beasley hits the road. You still want to push off on a WR until the 5th?

I wouldn't be upset if we used as high as a third on one. We need more weapons on offense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, assume Beasley hits the road. You still want to push off on a WR until the 5th?

I wouldn't be upset if we used as high as a third on one. We need more weapons on offense.
Yes, my stance would still hold. Cooper can play the slot at times if needed, and we can get a Beasley replacement later in the draft or in FA. 1-800-Slot-Guys

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Ditto
I think we have much more pressing needs right now than another WR.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes, my stance would still hold. Cooper can play the slot at times if needed, and we can get a Beasley replacement later in the draft or in FA. 1-800-Slot-Guys
This just tells me you haven't studied this WR group very well.

You go into the fifth round, you are not getting a quality slot guy.

Isabella and Hart are the two best and they are likely gone before the 4th.

I guess you could go grab a guy like Renfrow around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom